ND Mikayla Vaughan ACL | The Boneyard

ND Mikayla Vaughan ACL

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It looks like Baylor may have lost one to an ACL, Trinity Oliver, who went down when fouled on an attempted break-away layup. I hope the news is better than I think but it didn't look good. I have seen way too many players grab their knee like that and lie on the court crying.

Reaction Score
this ACL thing is really getting out of hand.............six high school girls at my daughters physical therapist today.......all had ACL tears in the past couple of months.............waiting for my kid to get scoped shortly for possible meniscus tear.............just takes the fun out of playing a great game

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
this ACL thing is really getting out of hand...six high school girls at my daughters physical therapist today..all had ACL tears in the past couple of months...waiting for my kid to get scoped shortly for possible meniscus tear...just takes the fun out of playing a great game

It's heartbreaking. The girls work so hard just to have their course changed so quickly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear this.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Are walk-ons allowed if a player is already attending classes at the university? In Indiana surely there are some gals at ND who have played some ball at a pretty decent level that could at least add another available body.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Are walk-ons allowed if a player is already attending classes at the university? In Indiana surely there are some gals at ND who have played some ball at a pretty decent level that could at least add another available body.

ND has two walk-ons. The number vowleguy cited is 8 scholarship players. ND has 10 available players including walk-ons Kaitlin Cole and Maureen Butler

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
I got the statement about "8 players available" from Rebecca Lobo. I see the roster has 13, and 10 players were on the stat sheet against Michigan. Are some of those walk-ons (eg, Cole & Butler)?

Along with Vaughn, I know about Turner. What happened to Sr G Mychal Johnson?

ND still has frontline players of 6'4 Shepard, 6'4 Nelson, 6'2 Westbeld, and 6'3 Patterson, so they're not _that_ small.

Reaction Score
ND has two walk-ons. The number vowleguy cited is 8 scholarship players. ND has 10 available players including walk-ons Kaitlin Cole and Maureen Butler

Ha, just what I was in the middle of asking. Thanks.

HGN

Reaction Score
Orangutan, glad to see ND with 2 walk-ons , have at least enough players to scrimmage. As you recall UConn had the same shortage of players problem just a couple
of years ago and had to add 2 walk-ons.

I wish your players a good and healthy recovery. Though the UConn vs ND is a fierce rivalry , we never want to see injury happen to either side.

Reaction Score
Wow saw that Johnson had an ACL in October. So 2 players out with ACLs plus Turner. That's some rough injuries.

Assuming Johnson & Turner are back for another year, Irish will return 8 schol + 2 walkons next year. Plus add 4 frosh. Though it will be the unusual 5 senior + 1 jr + 1 soph + 5 frosh (4 new+1RS) for their scholarships.

Reaction Score
That is a shame and even more so as she was having a great season. All the best to her and hopefully she comes back stronger!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wow saw that Johnson had an ACL in October. So 2 players out with ACLs plus Turner. That's some rough injuries.

Assuming Johnson & Turner are back for another year, Irish will return 8 schol + 2 walkons next year. Plus add 4 frosh. Though it will be the unusual 5 senior + 1 jr + 1 soph + 5 frosh (4 new+1RS) for their scholarships.

Yup. That would return MM to her desired 12 scholarship players and we'll see if the two walk-on's continue. If so, guard Kaitlin Cole would be a junior and forward Maureen Butler a senior.

2018-19 Breakout (knock on wood) would be:

Low Posts (2): Turner, Vaughn
High Posts (2): Shepard, Cosgrove (Incoming Freshman[IF])
Forwards (2): Patterson, Butler
Guards: Ogunbowale, Young, Mabrey, Johnson, Cole and incoming freshman Jordan Nixon (point), Katlyn Gilbert (combo guard) and Abby Prohaska (more of a wing).

If MM wants to stay at 12, that would require a large (5) recruiting class for 2019 or two slightly smaller ones for 2018 and 2019 (given that Young is the only junior).

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I read about the injury this morning in the South Bend Tribune before heading to work and had the same reaction as everyone else: crap.

ND is still a talented team and MM has shown over the years that she is adept at adapting to bad situations. This might be one of her most challenging. Will be interesting to see how their season pans out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom