playing at home against TCU, tied after 1 Q

Irish must have read Charlie's tweet!
Can you please post the stream?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
First place team...I don't know
Just watched a few minutes of the 3rd quarter...slow, not great D
Turner doesn't rebound or play much D, and TCU is challenging her to shoot more than 12 feet.
I think we match up very well.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Can you please post the stream?

I'm watching live now on WATCH ESPN app.

Wow, it's a home game for the Irish...:eek:

Reaction Score
Watch the game. Refs are not nice to TCU. A ND blocking foul turned to TCU's offensive foul.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Pulling away now starting 4th

Allen looking like the AA she's likely to become this year. already 10 assists on the night, she's a special player on this Irish team.

They went on a run and TCU won't be able to catch up. unfortunate for them as they played the Irish close all game.

Secretly wanted the Irish to win so that we can come into town as the #2 and show South Bend what it really means to hold the #1 spot. go huskies!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Interestingly I got to watch the game from its beginning. From her first made basket Ramirez mouthed off to Mabrey and never stopped jawing the entire match. At the end with seconds left, the clock running down and ND up by 30 Ramirez jawed at Mabrey and refused to let her dribble out the clock. Mabrey made a gesture as if to say "Perhaps you should look at the scoreboard and the clock".

I was always confused as to why Ramirez would choose to go to a second tier program at TCU when such better basketball schools such as Baylor and Texas were instate. I know some people may disagree with me or see this as an attack. It's not intended as such. It just seemed the easy, less challenging route for a young who is clearly talented and wants to pursue her dream beyond college. Is TCU really the best avenue to pursue this dream? At the time of her recruiting it looked as if the only other consideration of hers was Texas Tech. Her attitude toward Mabrey seemed to me based as much in jealousy as competitiveness. Maybe this 30 point loss where she hoisted up numerous bricks and scored only 9 points for a team with little offensive discipline will be a wake up call.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interestingly I got to watch the game from its beginning. From her first made basket Ramirez mouthed off to Mabrey and never stopped jawing the entire match. At the end with seconds left, the clock running down and ND up by 30 Ramirez jawed at Mabrey and refused to let her dribble out the clock. Mabrey made a gesture as if to say "Perhaps you should look at the scoreboard and the clock".

I was always confused as to why Ramirez would choose to go to a second tier program at TCU when such better basketball schools such as Baylor and Texas were instate. I know some people may disagree with me or see this as an attack. It's not intended as such. It just seemed the easy, less challenging route for a young who is clearly talented and wants to pursue her dream beyond college. Is TCU really the best avenue to pursue this dream? At the time of her recruiting it looked as if the only other consideration of hers was Texas Tech. Her attitude toward Mabrey seemed to me based as much in jealousy as competitiveness. Maybe this 30 point loss where she hoisted up numerous bricks and scored only 9 points for a team with little offensive discipline will be a wake up call.
Believe it or not Ramirez was at one time on UCONN's radar. Also belive she initially committed to OK? before deciding on TCU. She likes her shot and she will get plenty at TCU.
HoopGurlz -- Amber Ramirez, one of top prospects in espnW HoopGurlz Terrific 25 for 2016 class, brings smarts and sauce to basketball court for San Antonio's Wagner.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

I am responding to you but as a symptom (and a very mild and generous one at that) of a strain of post on here that always annoy me a bit.

There are plenty of WNBA players who enter from non-powerhouse schools - EDD being the most glaring one, but JJ last year with the Sun and many others. College choice is only so much about basketball, and even the basketball is so depended on the rapport with the coaching staff. If the talent is there, even bad coaching can't completely extinguish it, and good coaching will enhance it. I know Uconn is the obvious choice for anyone with any pretensions to a future professional career :), but ... When you see good kids being miserable at Uconn it highlights that Uconn (or ND, or SC, or TN, or ...) really is not the best choice for a large segment of the HS basketball talent. And when you see Gardler, or the Valley sisters, or Buck, or Stokes riding the pine for large stretches of their college careers, and the pleasure they take in their team and teammates the idea that the number and quality of the minutes is not necessarily the most important thing that is happening over a four year transition becomes apparent.

And I am guilty of asking the same questions, though I try to restrict them to the college choices where I have little or no respect for the coaching staff, and not to the quality of the team or the basketball reputation on the school.

I ended up doing my four years at two vastly different schools - neither choice was wrong, the second just satisfied my changing ambitions better than the first.

Reaction Score
Ramirez has had the reputation as a very talented but undisciplined player for quite sometime now and for that reason I think that many of the top teams were somewhat wary of recruiting her............she is a high volume shooter to say the least and I can imagine that Geno, Muffett, Dawn, etc would have a difficult time curbing her of that habit without a whole lot of trouble................for that reason I think she dropped down a level to a team where she could rule the roost and win some games too................saved everybody a lot of time and effort I suppose.................................

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I am responding to you but as a symptom (and a very mild and generous one at that) of a strain of post on here that always annoy me a bit.

There are plenty of WNBA players who enter from non-powerhouse schools - EDD being the most glaring one, but JJ last year with the Sun and many others. College choice is only so much about basketball, and even the basketball is so depended on the rapport with the coaching staff. If the talent is there, even bad coaching can't completely extinguish it, and good coaching will enhance it. I know Uconn is the obvious choice for anyone with any pretensions to a future professional career :), but ... When you see good kids being miserable at Uconn it highlights that Uconn (or ND, or SC, or TN, or ...) really is not the best choice for a large segment of the HS basketball talent. And when you see Gardler, or the Valley sisters, or Buck, or Stokes riding the pine for large stretches of their college careers, and the pleasure they take in their team and teammates the idea that the number and quality of the minutes is not necessarily the most important thing that is happening over a four year transition becomes apparent.

And I am guilty of asking the same questions, though I try to restrict them to the college choices where I have little or no respect for the coaching staff, and not to the quality of the team or the basketball reputation on the school.

I ended up doing my four years at two vastly different schools - neither choice was wrong, the second just satisfied my changing ambitions better than the first.
I understand. But here I am specifically looking at the personality Ramirez seems to project, that of a highly competitive player who wants to play and be the best, and a school where perhaps she seems out of place. Often players choose schools whose legacy, campus, scholarship and coaching is a good fit. As you've pointed out, often what seems a good fit turns out quite differently. I question whether her personality and the free reign to shoot at will rather than structure and positive criticism is really beneficial to her long term goals. I also ended up doing my undergrad at different schools. Three in fact, before my grad work. The difference being my maturity and changing goals as well as my changing attitude. With her I guess only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom