ND Fan's take on Muffet's Comments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND Fan's take on Muffet's Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hi all, just wanted to start by saying that I'm an ND fan and I've enjoyed reading your board the last day or so in anticipation of the big game tonight. I wanted to offer my take (and the take from most ND fans as far as I can gather) as to Muffet's comments that have so many of you all fired up. It's pretty clear in my estimation that this was nothing more than a calculated move to take some of the pressure off her team. She is going out of her way to try to create a distraction and make all the pregame talk about her and Geno rather than about how bad UConn is going to beat an over matched Notre Dame team.

The fact of the matter is that you folks have a great team and Notre Dame would have had an uphill battle tonight with Achonwa and would have been the underdog for sure. Without her, they are obviously major underdogs who will require a perfect game and some help from UConn to win. Muffet knows this and the timing and severity of her commentary is almost certainly, in my opinion, a calculated ploy to try to take a little pressure off her team and put all the pressure on herself.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in with my thoughts. Regardless of what happens tonight, congratulations on a great season and congrats on the men's victory last night, they were truly a joy to watch during the tournament. I hope my beloved Irish can at least make it competitive tonight! Cheers.
Very classy. Thank you.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
ndfan, some nice perspective. I hope Muffet will take a look at that awards ceremony and be as embarrassed she acted that way towards a 19 yr old kid as the rest of us were watching her. Geno can handle anything she throws his way but to have her team sit in front like zombies and not applaud a player of the year award winner was cringeworthy to watch. Hope someone in the administration there gets to her and explains to her what sportsmanship is and the proper way to conduct yourself. She has turned off a lot of people with her woe is me performance.

Sorry, but ND is not about sportsmanship. It's about being on some pedestal that the world must prostrate itself in front of, all based on some antedeluvian football accomplishments. I'm sure their athletes are wonderful people, but the sense of entitlement there is annoying. I guess Muffett is feeling all warm and fuzzy that she is doing Geno a favor by scheduling UConn to show up at South Bend next year just as a couple of her stars have graduated, and while we lose 2 great ones, we have a lot more left in the tank and a few seeming pretty good new kids to add some depth. (Did I hide my attitudes well enough:rolleyes:?).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
thanks nd2014..... I am not really offended by muffet's comments..... i think there is a large grain of truth in what you say as per explanation..... it was a head scratcher when I first saw it the part where she felt UC did not respect her team and/or program..... I think UC and ND have a lot of mutual respect for each other.....

you should be good for several yrs to come.... I have seen turner play... and she is good..... good luck tonight
Yea, that's what threw me a little. I think Geno respects her and the team. They are the one who has given UCONN the most trouble the past couple years. He likes teams coaches who aren't afraid and willing to fight UCONN.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It's pretty clear in my estimation that this was nothing more than a calculated move to take some of the pressure off her team. She is going out of her way to try to create a distraction and make all the pre game talk about her and Geno rather than about how bad UConn is going to beat an over matched Notre Dame team. .

I had very much the same thoughts ND Fan
When I was contemplating (and not posting) what is on this lady's mind?
You could see from the pre-game ceremonies just how uptight her kids were.

But the whole thing went terribly wrong…Rocky's points are correct.
She let her loyalty for her fantastic development of McBride color reasonability.
Everyone has dark, paranoidal thoughts at times.
Best not to express them in public.
A reasonable strategy on her part gone sadly amiss.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Sadly amiss...that sums it up. Really too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom