ND box score tonight is bizarre | The Boneyard

ND box score tonight is bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
They played 8 players. 4 scored. The other 4 players were 0-1 from the field. Yep, they took ONE shot.

Weird.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Strange things happen against Villanova.

Three of the starters shot about 50% or so. One of them shot under 25%. But she looked good while missing. :(

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Strange things happen against Villanova.
"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Nova Zone. "

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Nova Zone. "

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Even intrepid Diana Taurasi got caught in there once.

Reaction Score
Diggins 4-17 FG

th

The real 5th Dimension

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Skylar is shooting .420 on the season, the lowest of their starters. I'll think about voting for her if she gets that to .450. Kaleena is shooting .547 and has made more than 3 times as many treys.

Reaction Score
Skylar is shooting .420 on the season, the lowest of their starters. I'll think about voting for her if she gets that to .450. Kaleena is shooting .547 and has made more than 3 times as many treys.

To truly appreciate Skylar Diggins, you can't simply look at offensive stats in a box score -- there are so many intangibles that make her such a great player and winner. However, if you take a deeper look into the stats, you will see Diggins has attempted 117 FT''s on the season (making 83%). The only Husky to attempt more than 50 FT's this season is Stewart with 63.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
To truly appreciate Skylar Diggins, you can't simply look at offensive stats in a box score -- there are so many intangibles that make her such a great player and winner. However, if you take a deeper look into the stats, you will see Diggins has attempted 117 FT''s on the season (making 83%). The only Husky to attempt more than 50 FT's this season is Stewart with 63.
Skylar is also very confident. She is a very good player. I think she's clearly top 10 or 15, but I disagree with those who would put her at 3.

Reaction Score

Nice cherry picking of stats. Diggins also has 74 more assists on the season, twice as many steals and almost three times as many blocks while having the responsibility of running a team that got a complete overhaul. KML is shooting great and is doing what she's suppose to do for UConn...shoot and rebound. They have much different roles on the court. Diggins has way more responsibility toward her team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice cherry picking of stats. Diggins also has 74 more assists on the season, twice as many steals and almost three times as many blocks while having the responsibility of running a team that got a complete overhaul. KML is shooting great and is doing what she's suppose to do for UConn...shoot and rebound. They have much different roles on the court. Diggins has way more responsibility toward her team.
Skylar is very good at running the offense. But I like the AAs to shoot a good percentage.

The UConn offense breaks down when Stef or Kaleena is missing. I don't think Skylar is any more important to ND than Kaleena is to UConn.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

KML does more than shoot and rebound. She has a positive assist/TO ratio from the forward spot. It's hard to believe that Diggins has WAY more responsibility than KML.

Being the leading scorer is not a big responsibility? She is the best player on the team and I'm sure leads verbally and by example.

Funny thing is, Diggins shoots more than KML so I would guess that is something that Diggins is supposed to do too.

KML vs Diggins (leader in bold)

PPG 17.2 vs 15.9
RPG 5.8 vs 3.1
APG 2.5 vs 5.6
TO 28 vs 74
STL 32 vs 63
BLK 6 vs 16
FG% 54.7 vs 42.0
3p% 51.1 vs 35.0
FT% 86.7 vs 82.9
A/TO 1.9 vs 1.7

Status