ND articles: reasons for MD loss and UCONN kindly spoken of | The Boneyard

ND articles: reasons for MD loss and UCONN kindly spoken of

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Observations from the Notre Dame women’s basketball loss to Maryland
“I felt like she got to her spots,” Notre Dame head coach Niele Ivey said of Miller.
Should we expect Lou and Azzi to get to their spots? Yes!

“Ivey said she’s still searching for someone on her team who can lock down defensively on opposing star players. The Irish only went seven-deep in the rotation, so the options are limited.”
Try stopping 5 star players. After Sunday, keep looking. Welcome to the short rotation club.

“... 6-3. Notre Dame boasts three players in the regular rotation who are at least that tall. And yet, Maryland out-rebounded Notre Dame 41-37.”
Maryland has one player 6'3”, a guard but what a guard.
And other good stuff about Notre Dame's short comings.

Reads like we are trying not "to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." (See 1970 film Tora! Tora! Tora!)

Reaction Score
As good as ND thinks they are, Uconn seems to put a hex on them that they usually lose to Uconn. I see no difference in this game that Uconn will not win going away. GO HUSKIES!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reads like we are trying not "to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." (See 1970 film Tora! Tora! Tora!)
That was Yamamoto’s actual quote, I believe in the film all they stop “a sleeping giant” if my memory is correct.

The key to the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, was to take out our carriers to give Japan the opportunity to consolidate positions in the Pacific, and force the US into a peace treaty, while in a weakened position. As you know, the carrier group survived intact, and though the losses were huge, America’s ability to project force across the Pacific remained. People often think of Midway as the decisive battle in the Pacific, and it, undoubtedly was, but Pearl Harbor, set America, and the US on a collision course. Had they been able to destroy our carriers their plan might well have succeeded.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
That was Yamamoto’s actual quote, I believe in the film all they stop “a sleeping giant” if my memory is correct.

The key to the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, was to take out our carriers to give Japan the opportunity to consolidate positions in the Pacific, and force the US into a peace treaty, while in a weakened position. As you know, the carrier group survived intact, and though the losses were huge, America’s ability to project force across the Pacific remained. People often think of Midway as the decisive battle in the Pacific, and it, undoubtedly was, but Pearl Harbor, set America, and the US on a collision course. Had they been able to destroy our carriers their plan might well have succeeded.
Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor would reportedly write in his diary, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

Reaction Score
Observations from the Notre Dame women’s basketball loss to Maryland
“I felt like she got to her spots,” Notre Dame head coach Niele Ivey said of Miller.
Should we expect Lou and Azzi to get to their spots? Yes!

“Ivey said she’s still searching for someone on her team who can lock down defensively on opposing star players. The Irish only went seven-deep in the rotation, so the options are limited.”
Try stopping 5 star players. After Sunday, keep looking. Welcome to the short rotation club.

“... 6-3. Notre Dame boasts three players in the regular rotation who are at least that tall. And yet, Maryland out-rebounded Notre Dame 41-37.”
Maryland has one player 6'3”, a guard but what a guard.
And other good stuff about Notre Dame's short comings.

Ever hear about trap games ?

Reaction Score
As good as ND thinks they are, Uconn seems to put a hex on them that they usually lose to Uconn. I see no difference in this game that Uconn will not win going away. GO HUSKIES!!!
But once upon a time, about 10 years ago (yikes ), Notre Dame seemed like they’d hexed the hell out of us...until young Stewey and crew put an end to that nonsense. “7out of 8“ still sounds weird.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom