OT: NCAA Women's Volleyball Tournament | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA Women's Volleyball Tournament

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It started today.... was tuning in to watch NC A&T (my aggies) make their first ever appearance in the NCAA tournament tonight vs the CUSA champ Rice.

Sad ending for the Owls.... gotta feel for the players. As a result... NC A&T advances to face Penn State tomorrow night :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: That seems like the HPU vs UCONN meeting in the WCBB tournament :oops:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That seems like the HPU vs UCONN meeting in the WCBB tournament
Speaking of HPU, they won a first round match and advance to face #7 seed Purdue. Good program, but nothing like UConn in wbb.

Penn St. ain't what they used to be anyway. Last Championship was in '14. Last Final 4 was in '17. These days they're probably the 4th best program in the Big 10 behind Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Many were shocked and outraged they were even seeded this season, they really didn't earn it. That being said NC A&T still probably has no chance.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
It started today.... was tuning in to watch NC A&T (my aggies) make their first ever appearance in the NCAA tournament tonight vs the CUSA champ Rice.

Sad ending for the Owls.... gotta feel for the players. As a result... NC A&T advances to face Penn State tomorrow night :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: That seems like the HPU vs UCONN meeting in the WCBB tournament :oops:

This is tragic. Many had pegged Rice as the biggest chance for a round two upset since they are facing what many consider to be an overrated Penn St team this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Speaking of HPU, they won a first round match and advance to face #7 seed Purdue. Good program, but nothing like UConn in wbb.

Penn St. ain't what they used to be anyway. Last Championship was in '14. Last Final 4 was in '17. These days they're probably the 4th best program in the Big 10 behind Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Many were shocked and outraged they were even seeded this season, they really didn't earn it. That being said NC A&T still probably has no chance.

First NCAA victory in the history of HPU Volleyball. What a banner year in women's athletics for my panthers

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Was hoping to see some upsets by WCC teams. Louisville beat San Diego 3-1. Pepperdine nearly got Baylor. They were up 2-1 and the 4th set went extra points. Bears pulled it out in 5 though. Too bad. My Huskies should be starting soon. Will play Louisville if they win.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
HPU was up 24-18 in the first set... Purdue rallies with 8 straight points and wins 26-24 :oops: Watching volleyball is way more stressful than basketball
Ain't that the truth. It's like the last minute of a basketball game, over and over and over again.

Noticed players aren't wearing masks in the match I'm watching. I guess because they're in a bubble? The little bit I watched during the regular season they were all wearing masks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My Huskies are gonna lose in 5. Up 2-0, leading 18-14 in set 3 and they blew it. Then gave up a big run leading 15-13 in the 4th. Really, really disappointing performance so far. Tip your cap to Dayton, but UW has looked out of synch almost the entire way.

Reaction Score
My Huskies are gonna lose in 5. Up 2-0, leading 18-14 in set 3 and they blew it. Then gave up a big run leading 15-13 in the 4th. Really, really disappointing performance so far. Tip your cap to Dayton, but UW has looked out of synch almost the entire way.
The inability of their outsides to be productive is killing them, as is Drechsel's passing.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Washington should hold on thanks to Dayton's horrific serving

Reaction Score
Live look in at Dayton's servers...
Hands Reaction GIF by G2 Esports

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well Washington pulled it out. Tried to blow it again. Up 8-4 in the 5th, then let Dayton come back and tie it up at 10. 5-1 run to finish the match.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, Dayton had 14 service errors to UW's 6. Flyers out hit and out blocked the Huskies. I'll take the win, but they aren't gonna go any further if they don't clean things up in a hurry. Huge Tourney debut for Freshman Endsley (originally committed to Nebraska). 20 kills (career high) hitting .368. Dayton's Peterson matched her w/ 20 kills hitting .308.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well Washington pulled it out. Tried to blow it again. Up 8-4 in the 5th, then let Dayton come back and tie it up at 10. 5-1 run to finish the match.

I had a pic waiting, but I'll have to save it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well... My Aggies got swept by Penn State. No surprise there. Representing for the MEAC one last time. Next year off to the Big South.. I might have to check out a HPU vs NC A&T Volleyball match in the fall.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yikes. I remember when the Pac 12 was a volleyball conference. 2 seeded teams got upset today, unseeded UCLA was swept, Washington barely escaped. Oregon the only one that cruised so far. Stanford has one off year and the whole conference falls apart...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yikes. I remember when the Pac 12 was a volleyball conference. 2 seeded teams got upset today, unseeded UCLA was swept, Washington barely escaped. Oregon the only one that cruised so far. Stanford has one off year and the whole conference falls apart...

Hey... yall finally won another WCBB title... be happy with that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hey... yall finally won another WCBB title... be happy with that.
I'm greedy!

Actually with men's hoops finally having a good showing + the all Pac 12 Championship game for the women, everything else should be gravy. Still wouldn't mind seeing a few more Titles--softball, soccer, track and field, whatever.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Penn State was my favorite team for years, Now, even after good recruiting years, they are struggling to beat the upper echelon teams. Yes, they should beat NC A&T. I was disappointed the first round games were not televised.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'm thinking the regional finals are Sunday and are on ESPNU. My paper was a little vague. I haven't been following - no horse in the race - but I will watch the games Sunday.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I'm thinking the regional finals are Sunday and are on ESPNU. My paper was a little vague. I haven't been following - no horse in the race - but I will watch the games Sunday.
The regional semifinals (Sweet 16) are Sunday and the regional finals (Elite 8) are Monday. The one exception is that #1 Wisconsin vs. #16 BYU will take place Saturday instead of Sunday due to the religious convictions of BYU who never plays on Sundays.

Reaction Score
I'm greedy!

Actually with men's hoops finally having a good showing + the all Pac 12 Championship game for the women, everything else should be gravy. Still wouldn't mind seeing a few more Titles--softball, soccer, track and field, whatever.
We got an indoor track and field championship.

Reaction Score
I'm greedy!

The PAC 12 took home the Synchronized Swimming and Men’s Gymnastics National Titles this weekend. Wonderful additions to the collections at the Leland Stanford Jr Trophy Collection.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pitt is on the verge of taking out #3 seed Minnesota. Up 13-10 in the 5th. Ah, the Gophers, always under performing in the Tournament. You can pretty much count on it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Boom! 15-11 Pitt takes it. They've flopped several times recently as a high seed, I guess being unseeded suited them better. They'll face the Washington-Louisville winner. Would be pretty crazy if it ends up an all ACC Regional Final, with 2 teams that have never been to a Final 4 before AFAIK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom