NCAA WBB Rule/Recruiting Changes in the Works & Other News | The Boneyard

NCAA WBB Rule/Recruiting Changes in the Works & Other News

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very interesting read, thanks for posting.
Beach Volley Ball is an NCAA sport for women only? And they have the highest transfer rate ( Men or Women) of any NCAA sport among 4 year institutions?
Serious questions: What colleges have a team? Does anyone here know someone that plays collegiate Beach Volley ball? Is it a Fall sport or Spring sport?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Beach Volley Ball is an NCAA sport for women only? And they have the highest transfer rate ( Men or Women) of any NCAA sport among 4 year institutions?
Serious questions: What colleges have a team? Does anyone here know someone that plays collegiate Beach Volley ball? Is it a Fall sport or Spring sport?
Well here were the last Beach Volleyball rankings. So these colleges have teams.

1. USC
  2. Pepperdine
  3. Hawaii
  4. Florida St
  5. UCLA
  6. LSU
  7. Long Beach St
  8. S. Carolina
  9. Arizona
  10. Florida International
  11. Georgia St.
  12. Grand Canyon
  13. TCU
  14. Florida Atlantic
  15. Stetson

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well here were the last Beach Volleyball rankings. So these colleges have teams.

1. USC
  2. Pepperdine
  3. Hawaii
  4. Florida St
  5. UCLA
  6. LSU
  7. Long Beach St
  8. S. Carolina
  9. Arizona
  10. Florida International
  11. Georgia St.
  12. Grand Canyon
  13. TCU
  14. Florida Atlantic
  15. Stetson
I've been to most of these colleges. In some case I'm pretty sure I was miles (perhaps hundreds of miles ) away from a beach, Arizona for example?

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
NCAA Beach VB is a Spring/End of School Year sport. This sport was sanctioned with the NCAA in 2015-2016. At one point it was known as "sand VB", but the name changed to Beach VB.

Reaction Score

My daughter has two friends, twin sisters actually, that are freshman on the University of New Orleans beach volleyball team............that's the first and last I've heard about it..............

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Charliebball I hope your daughters friends are good. UNO needs some help on their team! This sport is tougher than most realize. Have you ever tried jumping in sand....

Reaction Score
Charliebball I hope your daughters friends are good. UNO needs some help on their team! This sport is tougher than most realize. Have you ever tried jumping in sand....

they were both really good three sport athletes.......could have played basketball, volleyball or softball at low/mid DI level........everybody around here was surprised they picked that sport and that school

Reaction Score

I see they are both on the UNO roster................... team went 5-16 but I have no idea how much they played

Reaction Score
Beach volley ball is fantastic "training" for full team volley ball and is played in the other academic season. It's the equivalent of 3-on-3 basketball: produces great individual skill sets.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I know the school well, and not sure how someone from NJ ends up in New Orleans for Beach VB. Quite interesting, however. Thanks for the input.

Reaction Score
Beach volley ball is fantastic "training" for full team volley ball and is played in the other academic season. It's the equivalent of 3-on-3 basketball: produces great individual skill sets.

I'm sure it's good training - but the two are very different sports and have totally different rosters. If you look at the top teams, most of the players do not compete in both.

It's true that they are played in different seasons - with beach volleyball starting about March 1st and indoor volleyball being a fall sport - but there are also fall practices in beach volleyball and spring practices in indoor volleyball, so it is not easy to do both. And it would depend on the flexibility of the coaches, since beach and indoor volleyball have different coaching staffs at the major schools.

Reaction Score
I know the school well, and not sure how someone from NJ ends up in New Orleans for Beach VB. Quite interesting, however. Thanks for the input.

I've asked that very same question but to each his/her own..............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom