NCAA: UConn has lowest grad rate among Top 25 teams | The Boneyard

NCAA: UConn has lowest grad rate among Top 25 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
At first glance, this appears to be an alarming headline. In reality, under Kevin Ollie, the program's graduation rate has improved over the last two years. The numbers count the players who came into the program between 2005 and 2008 and graduated within six years.

The UConn women's basketball team had a 100 percent graduation rate, according to the NCAA.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-huskies-graduation-rate-20-percent-improving

Reaction Score
At first glance, this appears to be an alarming headline. In reality, under Kevin Ollie, the program's graduation rate has improved over the last two years. The numbers count the players who came into the program between 2005 and 2008 and graduated within six years.

The UConn women's basketball team had a 100 percent graduation rate, according to the NCAA.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-huskies-graduation-rate-20-percent-improving
Perhaps next time, Carnac, you can use your powers of divination to see there was already a thread devoted to this.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score

As Mano said, there is already a huge thread dedicated to this topic. But thank you for your interest in UConn men's basketball...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This phenomenon always amazes me. Why do WBB fans feel the need to dump on the men's team?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
To Mano, BUHusky and Stairmaster, I did not see nor was I aware of that thread. I don't normally log on to the men's portion of the yard. I saw this article on ESPN's sports pages.

Stairmaster...
It was not WBB Fans, it was ONE (singular, not plural) poster. Don't be in such a hurry to lump all WBB fans together because of 1 person's post.
I didn't "dump" on the men's team. All I did was share an article that was already in print for public consumption. I don't believe this was posted on the women's side. If it was, I missed it. I viewed the article as a positive, not a negative.

Read my comment again. I commented that the program was "improving" over the last two years. That's a positive comment, not a negative one. It is what it is. If I had made a disparaging remark about this situation, then you could say I dumped on the team. But I did not. I have no need to dump on the men's team.
I really don't care about, or have ever followed the men's team!!

When I decide to dump on the men's team, you'll know it. I've never posted anything negative about the men's program. I post articles I feel are of interest to those in the yard. This article is a "positive" comment about the men's team. The graduation rate is improving. That's a positive. Some times BY'ers find my posts interesting and informative, sometimes they don't. You post the comment and hope for the best. No one bats a thousand.

Reaction Score

This is why ESPN is in the toilet. We paid, dearly. They took the 10 year average and ran a horrid headline. The last two years the average is 100 ! Good news is that the kids now in the program, and committed recruits, know the truth. And the BY regulars know the truth.

Reaction Score
To Mano, BUHusky and Stairmaster, I did not see nor was I aware of that thread. I don't normally log on to the men's portion of the yard. I saw this article on ESPN's sports pages.

Stairmaster...
It was not WBB Fans, it was ONE (singular, not plural) poster. Don't be in such a hurry to lump all WBB fans together because of 1 person's post.
I didn't "dump" on the men's team. All I did was share an article that was already in print for public consumption. I don't believe this was posted on the women's side. If it was, I missed it. I viewed the article as a positive, not a negative.

Read my comment again. I commented that the program was "improving" over the last two years. That's a positive comment, not a negative one. It is what it is. If I had made a disparaging remark about this situation, then you could say I dumped on the team. But I did not. I have no need to dump on the men's team.
I really don't care about, or have ever followed the men's team!!

When I decide to dump on the men's team, you'll know it. I've never posted anything negative about the men's program. I post articles I feel are of interest to those in the yard. This article is a "positive" comment about the men's team. The graduation rate is improving. That's a positive. Some times BY'ers find my posts interesting and informative, sometimes they don't. You post the comment and hope for the best. No one bats a thousand.

Reposts happen, no biggie. But. Saying this was posted as a positive is silly.

Reaction Score
Don't bother unless it is positive. We are more then capable of self-destructing without the participation of our women's BB fans.

Reaction Score
Perhaps next time, Carnac, you can use your powers of divination to see there was already a thread devoted to this.
I hate reposts also, but in all fairness to Carnac the subject of the other thread was "ESPN Hit Piece". So it wasn't easily discernible what that thread was about unless you open it and read it. So I'd give Carnac a pass on this one.

It's not like husky99, who likes to repost things days after someone else posted it with a very clear subject heading. :)
http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads...angford-playing-in-new-haven-nov-20-22.82624/

Reaction Score
So here's my unscientific count ... done quickly

24 names on the 4 rosters from 2004-2005 to 2007-2008.

of that ... 9 had substantial NBA careers. That, to me, is making more than $2m in pieces of years (Marcus Williams?) to over $200m (probably Rudy Gay (then later Drummond in a later class) and two playing well into their 30s (*Villanueva & Butler).

7 had significant Foreign Careers. I'd say ... Rashad Anderson was the longest. That's probably over $1m in income easy for him. Don't know what others could have done.

5 transfers ... Curtis Kelly at KState and Marcus Johnson (USC) were most successful in that they showed some promise.

And then Donnell Beverly who got a BS in Sociology and works as a realtor in LA.

Instead of graduation, I would love to hear how Calhoun made a difference in their life. RE Tuff Juice

Reaction Score
I hate reposts also, but in all fairness to Carnac the subject of the other thread was "ESPN Hit Piece". So it wasn't easily discernible what that thread was about unless you open it and read it. So I'd give Carnac a pass on this one.

It's not like husky99, who likes to repost things days after someone else posted it with a very clear subject heading. :)
http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads...angford-playing-in-new-haven-nov-20-22.82624/
Trust me, I don't really care about reposts, I was just trying to have some snarky fun with his handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom