NCAA Tourney to Allow Fans | The Boneyard

NCAA Tourney to Allow Fans

Reaction Score
Alamodome to allow 17% capacity, starting with Sweet 16 (no actual number of fans released yet). No fans will be allowed for first & second round games, most of which will be played at other venues.

Article also has dates for each NCAA Tournament round, and times for semifinal and final games and March 15 selection show.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've got my fingers crossed that Mohegan Sun will adopt a similar strategy for the Big East Tournament.

Mohegan is open for many of it's activities, so not implausible that they opt for limited capacity like we see many places including several of the NFL franchises.

Hope so - been too long.

Reaction Score
Alamodome to allow 17% capacity, starting with Sweet 16 (no actual number of fans released yet). No fans will be allowed for first & second round games, most of which will be played at other venues.

Article also has dates for each NCAA Tournament round, and times for semifinal and final games and March 15 selection show.

Actually the article states, "Unlike for the men's tournament, there will be no fans allowed for the women's first and second rounds. This, IMO could affect how teams, especially with many freshman, play! They haven't been exposed to the roar of the crowd much, if at all, this year! Then all of a sudden, if you've made it to the 3rd round, you're thrown into an arena with screaming fans. Not good as I see it. :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Actually the article states, "Unlike for the men's tournament, there will be no fans allowed for the women's first and second rounds. This, IMO could affect how teams, especially with many freshman, play! They haven't been exposed to the roar of the crowd much, if at all, this year! Then all of a sudden, if you've made it to the 3rd round, you're thrown into an arena with screaming fans. Not good as I see it. :confused:
We had good exposure to hostile crowds in TN and Arkansas. We will be fine. In addition, our Freshman were the least fazed if memory serves

Last edited:
Reaction Score
MAJOR POINT: ALL Bathrooms WILL require Social Distancing (every other urinal strictly enforced)! :D

Reaction Score
Goodness. The women get 17% for a few later games; the men get 25% earlier and later. This is the NCAA at its arbitrary (?) best/worst. I guess real men can take a little extra exposure to the virus, fragile women cannot. It reminds me of the many rules we come it contact with daily that make the arbiters feel powerful in otherwise powerless lives. Rules don't have to make sense: they just are. Here's a boo for the NCAA: BOO.

Jim

Reaction Score
Goodness. The women get 17% for a few later games; the men get 25% earlier and later. This is the NCAA at its arbitrary (?) best/worst. I guess real men can take a little extra exposure to the virus, fragile women cannot. It reminds me of the many rules we come it contact with daily that make the arbiters feel powerful in otherwise powerless lives. Rules don't have to make sense: they just are. Here's a boo for the NCAA: BOO.
The issue isn’t who is on the court, but rather the demographics of the fans in the stands. The men’s game appeals to a younger, more-testosterone laden set of fans, while the women’s game appeals to a more classic, old school style of basketball favored by older fans who are statistically more at risk from the virus.

Reaction Score
The NCAA alone cannot set the capacity limits. They must work with the local and state health and government authorities.

Reaction Score
The issue isn’t who is on the court, but rather the demographics of the fans in the stands. The men’s game appeals to a younger, more-testosterone laden set of fans, while the women’s game appeals to a more classic, old school style of basketball favored by older fans who are statistically more at risk from the virus.
In all do respect, the powers that be could care less about 'older', more susceptible people. It's all about $$$$$$ and nothing more. If these tourneys were here in CT, guess who would get more exposure? :rolleyes:

Cash Money GIF

Reaction Score
I've got my fingers crossed that Mohegan Sun will adopt a similar strategy for the Big East Tournament.

Mohegan is open for many of it's activities, so not implausible that they opt for limited capacity like we see many places including several of the NFL franchises.

Hope so - been too long.
They are going to have to follow the state rules, and Connecticut's have been especially restrictive around indoor events.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom