NCAA Tourney Seed Prediction | The Boneyard

NCAA Tourney Seed Prediction

Reaction Score
This is obviously hypothetical but Davidson/Texas Tech would be an extremely tough draw. Both are VERY GOOD, under the radar teams.

Reaction Score
What’s our ceiling with a great finish and hypothetically winning BET? 3? 4? I think going 4-1 the rest of the way and getting to big east finals should make us a very solid 5 and possibly even a 4. But wondering if we win out including BET, can we get as high as a 3?

Reaction Score
What’s our ceiling with a great finish and hypothetically winning BET? 3? 4? I think going 4-1 the rest of the way and getting to big east finals should make us a very solid 5 and possibly even a 4. But wondering if we win out including BET, can we get as high as a 3?
If we win out and win the BET we easily get a 3 seed.

Finishing 5-1 and losing in the BET finals or semis would probably have us at the 4 seed

Reaction Score
This is obviously hypothetical but Davidson/Texas Tech would be an extremely tough draw. Both are VERY GOOD, under the radar teams.
Would love to play Oklahoma or Norte Dame in the first round

Reaction Score
I actually asked this question on a live Q&A with Eamonn Brennan and Brian Bennett. I asked if we, say, only lost to Nova down the stretch and then won 2 BET games (i.e., lost in the final) to get to 24-9, would we be able to move up to the 5 or 4 line?

While pretty complimentary of UConn, they, especially Brian, were very critical of our current resume, and felt that the teams in front of us were too strong resume-wise to really overcome. They said we’d have a decent shot for a 5 in that scenario, but probably wouldn’t make it all the way to even consideration for a 4.

I was unsatisfied with their answer; we have several teams that only need to move up a couple spots for our wins to bump up a quadrant (St. John’s already did for our 3rd Q1 win). If we really do take care of business down the stretch and a team like Marquette gets back inside the NET top 25, that 3 Q1 wins could be something far different, maybe as high as 10, on Selection Sunday. If we’re 24-9 on Selection Sunday with a 9-8 Q1 record (and like a 6-1 Q2), I have a hard time believing that team wouldn’t be on the 4 line. With a win in either of my projected losses (Nova or BE title game) being enough to push us to 3.

But again, we have to actually win these games down the stretch.

Reaction Score
I actually asked this question on a live Q&A with Eamonn Brennan and Brian Bennett. I asked if we, say, only lost to Nova down the stretch and then won 2 BET games (i.e., lost in the final) to get to 24-9, would we be able to move up to the 5 or 4 line?

While pretty complimentary of UConn, they, especially Brian, were very critical of our current resume, and felt that the teams in front of us were too strong resume-wise to really overcome. They said we’d have a decent shot for a 5 in that scenario, but probably wouldn’t make it all the way to even consideration for a 4.

I was unsatisfied with their answer; we have several teams that only need to move up a couple spots for our wins to bump up a quadrant (St. John’s already did for our 3rd Q1 win). If we really do take care of business down the stretch and a team like Marquette gets back inside the NET top 25, that 3 Q1 wins could be something far different, maybe as high as 10, on Selection Sunday. If we’re 24-9 on Selection Sunday with a 9-8 Q1 record (and like a 6-1 Q2), I have a hard time believing that team wouldn’t be on the 4 line. With a win in either of my projected losses (Nova or BE title game) being enough to push us to 3.

But again, we have to actually win these games down the stretch.
Yeah at the time of that convo we were 2-6 Q1 and like 30th in WAB. SJU makes that 3-6 already. Your results (likely beating Seton Hall/Providence neutral as the 2 BET wins) would put us at 7-8. We pretty clearly need Marq/Seton Hall to finish top 30 in NET, but also may likely have to beat SHU in the BET after 1 win.

9-8 probably gets us to the 4 seed, but 7-8 is a tossup. Just look at the Q1 records in the people around us in NET. We're not in the same ballpark right now and all those teams are going to get more chances to win also. Going 6-2 in the hypothetical 8 will nudge us a bit forward in WAB, but maybe only to like 20th, which again is closer in line with a 5.

Winning today and home Nova goes a long way to a top 4 seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd rather be a 6 seed than a 4/5 most years to stay away from 1 line until regional final.....but not sure if as big a deal this year since the 1 and 2 seeds pretty similiar. That said a 4, 5, 6 or 7 seed are all in play for UConn.....think 3 is probably out of reach unless run the table.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom