NCAA to Adopt New Permission to Transfer Rule | The Boneyard

NCAA to Adopt New Permission to Transfer Rule

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I would hope that any athlete who plans to transfer would first talk to their current coach, you know there’s going to be instances when coaches find out about their players transferring only when they first see it posted in the transfer database.

That should be fun.... :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
While I would hope that any athlete who plans to transfer would first talk to their current coach, you know there’s going to be instances when coaches find out about their players transferring only when they first see it posted in the transfer database.

....or on social media. :mad:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's not my understanding from reading the article:
"This new system allows a student to inform his or her current school of a desire to transfer, then requires that school to enter the student’s name into a national transfer database within two business days."
In all cases then the school that a player is transferring from is the first to know by 48 hours. Potentially any contact by another school prior to the posting could be considered tampering.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That's not my understanding from reading the article:
"This new system allows a student to inform his or her current school of a desire to transfer, then requires that school to enter the student’s name into a national transfer database within two business days."
In all cases then then school that a player is transferring from is the first to know by 48 hours. Potentially any contact by another school prior to the posting could be considered tampering.
I guess that makes more sense. But I had this unshakable image of McGuff, Brenda or some other coach checking the database to see who might be available, only to find the name(s) of one or more of their star players on the list. :(

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is there still talk about the NCAA doing away with the 1 year sit out requirement for transferring students?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is there still talk about the NCAA doing away with the 1 year sit out requirement for transferring students?
I think that is eventually where NCAA is headed. How long will it take the NCAA to get there? It is the NCAA, so never is also a strong possibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom