NCAA Thinking About Making Changes to WCBB Tournament | The Boneyard

NCAA Thinking About Making Changes to WCBB Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Issues they have been discussing for the last few years, so nothing really new here, just that they are soliciting nationwide conference input.

Reaction Score
"I like playing the following weekend," Louisville coach Jeff Walz said of the current format. "At the same time, I see what we're trying to do. What's best for women's basketball for attendance? That's my only issue with that move. It's a big break. That would be the biggest break in the entire season, including Christmas. We don't have a break that long at any time when the season starts up. It would be something completely different."

Given the scores of the two times Walz made it to the final four, you'd think he'd want at least something to change.....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"I like playing the following weekend," Louisville coach Jeff Walz said of the current format. "At the same time, I see what we're trying to do. What's best for women's basketball for attendance? That's my only issue with that move. It's a big break. That would be the biggest break in the entire season, including Christmas. We don't have a break that long at any time when the season starts up. It would be something completely different."

Given the scores of the two times Walz made it to the final four, you'd think he'd want at least something to change.....
Perhaps recruiting more and better bigs rather than guards would help.

Reaction Score
I like the Friday-Sunday format for the Final 4 this season & next. Hope it stays.

And I am growing fond of the 1st two rounds hosted by the top 4 seeds in each regional bracket - gives some reward besides seeding to the top 16 programs that year.

I do wish they would consider re-seeding the regional winners for the FF, if any other than the four 1 seeds survive. Would have meant UConn (1) vs Washington (7) & Oregon St (2) vs Syracuse (4) for the 2 semis last Spring. Avoids a 'cinderella' semi, although I suppose folks like the drama that sets up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom