NCAA Players on NFL Rosters by College | The Boneyard

NCAA Players on NFL Rosters by College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Noticed this on another board and thought you guys would be interested in seeing the data - it's based off the ESPN list here : http://espn.go.com/nfl/college and filters out schools with less than 3 NFL players. The numbers include players from the most recent draft.

Map of NCAA Players on NFL Rosters by College : http://i.imgur.com/tMrSsnF.jpg
By Conference Breakdown : http://i.imgur.com/9yisEdG.jpg

UConn looking pretty respectable at 23 players

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
About what anyone expected. The #6 conference and much closer to #5 than #7.

Reaction Score
I am surprised Houston only has 14. They had a few pretty good years with Kolb and Keenum. I expected around UConn's number.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
About what anyone expected. The #6 conference and much closer to #5 than #7.

After you remove Rutgers and add Tulane and Tulsa the picture is less rosy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The thing that stands out to me is the amount that Miami has. Their numbers rival some of the very top of the SEC, and yet they haven't done very much of anything lately. Hard to fathom why...

Reaction Score
After you remove Rutgers and add Tulane and Tulsa the picture is less rosy.

Rutgers was greatly helped by the Patriots drafting it's entire roster last year!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Surprised at:
Umass at 11 is a nice building block resume wise on the trail for them
Bottom of b12 is ugly
Minnesota only at 8
Thought ecu would have more

Uconn could fit into any conference with where we sit. We're going to have 2 or 3 guys drafted this next draft so the train continues. In down years having a few get drafted is how you build a nice steady quality number.

Uconn, Cincy, USF and UCF all should be teams in the final picture break away wise in a 4x16,5x14 or whatever. I think this helps push that while they are not powers they are of quality especially considering these school have never had the resources the power schools have. Boise and SDSU have reached this level also. Fresno's number makes me want to add them to the list also.

Reaction Score
I am surprised Houston only has 14. They had a few pretty good years with Kolb and Keenum. I expected around UConn's number.
D.J. Hayden from Houston was also the #12 overall pick in this year's draft.

Reaction Score
Surprised at:
Umass at 11 is a nice building block resume wise on the trail for them
Bottom of b12 is ugly
Minnesota only at 8
Thought ecu would have more

Uconn could fit into any conference with where we sit. We're going to have 2 or 3 guys drafted this next draft so the train continues. In down years having a few get drafted is how you build a nice steady quality number.

Uconn, Cincy, USF and UCF all should be teams in the final picture break away wise in a 4x16,5x14 or whatever. I think this helps push that while they are not powers they are of quality especially considering these school have never had the resources the power schools have. Boise and SDSU have reached this level also. Fresno's number makes me want to add them to the list also.

Are you talking positively about UConn? You alright man?

Reaction Score
ACC got a couple of powerhouses headed their way with SU at 16 and UL at 17.

Reaction Score
The NFL will be looking more and more for "character players" now. This is our forte.

Reaction Score
The NFL will be looking more and more for "character players" now. This is our forte.

What is a character person though? I mean, DJ was raised by the same parents. At some point, coaches and schools and even pro franchises are not responsible for the actions of individual players. I say this all the time to the people on this board that knock Calhoun for recruiting AJ Price. It's as though Calhoun should now refuse to recruit upper middle class kids from the suburbs with parents who both graduated from Ivy league schools. Tick those kids off the list, they spell trouble.

Reaction Score
What is a character person though? I mean, DJ was raised by the same parents. At some point, coaches and schools and even pro franchises are not responsible for the actions of individual players. I say this all the time to the people on this board that knock Calhoun for recruiting AJ Price. It's as though Calhoun should now refuse to recruit upper middle class kids from the suburbs with parents who both graduated from Ivy league schools. Tick those kids off the list, they spell trouble.
At least one NFL team would not draft Aaron Hernandez ever. That's that. I personally think he had Hall of Fame potential. Too bad he didn't come to UConn.

http://www.inquisitr.com/818225/aaron-hernandez-nfl-teams-warned-to-stay-away-before-2010-nfl-draft/

They look for "red flags". Psychological, behavioral, etc. Ultimately, it's very hard to find a truly selfless elite athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom