OT: - NCAA Makes Ruling Quickly And Compassionately (A new trend maybe?) | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA Makes Ruling Quickly And Compassionately (A new trend maybe?)

Reaction Score
NCAA athlete disowned by family ends fundraising after campaign surpasses $100,000
“I never expected this amount of support,” said Division I athlete Emily Scheck, who was disowned by her family when they discovered she had a girlfriend.

1542768644161.png

Full Story HERE

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I hope she might (someday) find the strength to forgive those who rejected her or offered at best a love that was cruelly conditional. If she has already forgiven them, she is truly exceptional. Either way, I salute her.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I hope she might (someday) find the strength to forgive those who rejected her or offered at best a love that was cruelly conditional. If she has already forgiven them, she is truly exceptional. Either way, I salute her.
Hear hear.

In my life I've found that society, heck, the world works better when people are happy. It's hard for many in Western Culture to come to grips with the concept that everyone deserves to be loved. I believe that when you find that love, true love, something rarer than the rarest of jewels, and find it in another consenting adult, then you are very, very lucky indeed my friend. As a proxy for those of us who have never found that love, I then embrace their love and revel in the happiness of others.

Reaction Score
Perhaps this is a case that argues for one thing more important than family, knowing and accepting God's
plan for oneself.
I doubt many KNOW God's plan for oneself. All families are dysfunctional and functional, they are human. Way too many families know how YOU should lead YOUR life. That's life.

Reaction Score
Hear hear.

In my life I've found that society, heck, the world works better when people are happy. It's hard for many in Western Culture to come to grips with the concept that everyone deserves to be loved. I believe that when you find that love, true love, something rarer than the rarest of jewels, and find it in another consenting adult, then you are very, very lucky indeed my friend. As a proxy for those of us who have never found that love, I then embrace their love and revel in the happiness of others.

JordyG--this may not be the truest of loves but certainly many on the BY respect and care for you.
From one who found love 67 plus years ago: Passion (often confused with love), then love, then here, in the end, the truest of loves when you know the other person is life itself.

Reaction Score
Forgive yes so their hate will not be a bitterness to her life, but also forget them until they accept her for who she is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom