NCAA "looking into" Nerlens Noel | The Boneyard

NCAA "looking into" Nerlens Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe some old lady gave him a few bucks for helping her load her groceries or some other heinous crime.

On the other hand, any problems for the squid should be welcomed.

LINK

Reaction Score
Maybe some old lady gave him a few bucks for helping her load her groceries or some other heinous crime.

On the other hand, any problems for the squid should be welcomed.

LINK
Gotta love ESPN's 10-line summary without a link to the actual article from which they're reporting. Here's the NY Times piece, with a lot more details.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Why deal with Chris Driscoll money at Providence when you can bring in WWW NCAA sanctioned money from Kentucky?

Reaction Score
Not expecting much from this. Seems pretty standard. #1 recruit reclassifies and commits to play for Calamari, the NCAA is going to look into it.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
And the NCAA decides that Boatright will sit another 5 games ...

I generally despise conspiracy theories, because so often they are not rooted in facts.

However, after reading so much about Jim Calhoun, the UConn players, the suspensions, etc. and considering WWW/Kentucky and Pump Brothers/UCLA, I cannot help but wonder why the NCAA spends so much time, energy, and resources focused on UConn. It just makes me wonder "why."

Reaction Score
I generally despise conspiracy theories, because so often they are not rooted in facts.

However, after reading so much about Jim Calhoun, the UConn players, the suspensions, etc. and considering WWW/Kentucky and Pump Brothers/UCLA, I cannot help but wonder why the NCAA spends so much time, energy, and resources focused on UConn. It just makes me wonder "why."

You must have skipped over those articles regarding Chris Duhon, Carlos Boozer, Corey Maggette and Myron Piggie. And we still wonder "why".

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
You must have skipped over those articles regarding Chris Duhon, Carlos Boozer, Corey Maggette and Myron Piggie. And we still wonder "why".

No, I did not skip over them.

I think you miss my point about "why." I was not implying "there must be something there, otherwise why would they be going after UConn." What I was stating was "why is the NCAA targeting UConn over things that, in the grand scheme of things, are incredibly minor, when UCLA and Kentucky are rumored to be engaged in conduct that is far worse."

Reaction Score

The Pump Bros. are connected. UNC, Maryland, Duke, etc. Heck, Cedric Dempsey, the ex-pres. of the NCAA, went to work for the Pump Bros. after he stepped down. What more do you need to know?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the Squid fluffing follow-up from Yahoo. Actually, I'm not. I never read Yahoo.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If this was UConn, they would have waited until November to begin investigating the allegations and suspend him until they complete their investigation in February.

Reaction Score
Oppss. It was NYT. Sounds like problems.​
NCAA has 'concerns we have as adults' for Nerlens - and the people around him. Specifically, Chirs Driscoll, a former ast at PC, who was barred from Tilton campus this year.​
And Errol Randolph, an HS teacher who may have ties to Andy Miller, a pro agent.​
Tilton says that Noel may not acadenically qualify for a scholarship.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds