NCAA leading rebounder per game???.....Roscoe | The Boneyard

NCAA leading rebounder per game???.....Roscoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone really miss the selfish play of Scoe and that god awful hitch in his jumpshot? Not to mention his intelligence.....Ill take DD any day over him.

P.S. - I only posted this video because our savior, Mr. Kemba Walker, well......you know what he did.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does anyone really miss the selfish play of Scoe and that god awful hitch in his jumpshot? Not to mention his intelligence.....Ill take DD any day over him.

Small sample size to date, I admit. But if Scoe and DD traded teams this year, UConn would probably be better.

caw

Reaction Score
Small sample size to date, I admit. But if Scoe and DD traded teams this year, UConn would probably be better.

Maybe in the short term, but not the long term, IMO.

Reaction Score

P.S. - I only posted this video because our savior, Mr. Kemba Walker, well......you know what he did.

I'll admit the only game I have seen is the one from Tuesday night but he seemed to be playing within himself. He had several opportunities to go for broke on a fastbreak after getting the rebound but he always gave it up to the guards instead of trying the 1 on whoever fast breaks that he tried here that led to charges and almost breaking his ankle one time against Rutgers. Didn't really take too many shots from the perimeter either.

Reaction Score

There is no doubt that he is playing on another planet right now, and clearly the numbers back that up. He put up 12 boards in only 18 min of action against UC Santa Barbara!

However, I feel DD impacts UConn's gameplay much better. Just look at the game against BU. Would you want Scoe in the middle of the zone taking that 15 foot jumper/ making the correct pass? Daniels has the ability to not only effectively defeat a zone, but diminish in from the opponents game plan completely. And clearly Uconn thrives in M2M.

Couldn't be more happy for the kid though. Glad he was able to improve on his game and contribute to a dangerous UNLV team.

Reaction Score

As a freshman, the kid did the grunt work at UConn.
As a junior he is doing the grunt work at UNLV.
I don't associate grunt work with selfishness.

caw

Reaction Score
I can only imagine the bizarre thought process required to get you to the conclusion that Roscoe was selfish.

Only thing I can come up with was that he didn't want to play the four here and wanted to go where he was promised a chance at the three spot. That's kind of selfish (though completely understandable). Not a reflection of his play either. He didn't play selfish, didn't play smart sometimes though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
However, I feel DD impacts UConn's gameplay much better. Just look at the game against BU. Would you want Scoe in the middle of the zone taking that 15 foot jumper/ making the correct pass? Daniels has the ability to not only effectively defeat a zone, but diminish in from the opponents game plan completely.

Good points, but my thought is we have offense. We need rebounding. There's nothing to stop DD from improving in that area, though.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Bad attempt at a cheap shot

Reaction Score
If Roscoe had stayed, he and DD would be our starting forwards and Omar would be instant offense off the bench.

Reaction Score
I'm a tad conflicted about this thread. I don't like trashing those who played here.

I wish Scoe had toughed it out. Too bad he didn't stick around, especially in light of our rebounding problems, but only if he would have been willing to play whatever position KO wanted him to, which would be at the 4.

I wish him well at UNLV. I've moved on a while ago.

Reaction Score
Bad attempt at a cheap shot

The Texas one didn't bug me so much. Stuff happens. Couldn't believe he did it again against Iowa State, though. You'd figure that's a mistake you only make once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom