NCAA Investigating Tennessee for NIL Violations | The Boneyard

NCAA Investigating Tennessee for NIL Violations

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The NCAA source says” The NIL money is being used as portal bait”. Wow it took a committee of college educated investigators to come to this astonishing conclusion. Leading to a bigger question, why is the NCAA as currently constructed still the gate keeper for college sports?

Reaction Score
The NCAA source says” The NIL money is being used as portal bait”. Wow it took a committee of college educated investigators to come to this astonishing conclusion. Leading to a bigger question, why is the NCAA as currently constructed still the gate keeper for college sports?
And no other team is doing that?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
To be clear, these are football violations so any punishment will not affect the basketball team/NCAA tournament
Yes mostly football but it involved other sports….I mean to be perfectly clear. They just did not mention the other sports.

Reaction Score
Yes mostly football but it involved other sports….I mean to be perfectly clear. They just did not mention the other sports.
Definitely worth a discussion/thread. Just putting that out there before people start asking how this affects UConn and their seeding for March

Reaction Score
Huh, what, whadya mean?

"A source familiar with the inquiry tells SI that Tennessee does not believe it has committed any violations in the NIL realm. The source cited NCAA guidance in that evolving area as “vague and contradictory.”"

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Huh, what, whadya mean?

"A source familiar with the inquiry tells SI that Tennessee does not believe it has committed any violations in the NIL realm. The source cited NCAA guidance in that evolving area as “vague and contradictory.”"
I wish the late Jackie Mason was still alive and posted on the BY. There is just so much material to work with on this one. He could have a field day. Don’t know why the picture of Peter Falk made me think of Jackie Mason but what can I say.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is beyond stupid of the NCAA pretending there are limits to what schools can do and it's farcical to believe the NCAA has the personnel and ability to monitor every school and what they are doing.

It's the wild, wild, west.

Reaction Score
How is someone violating rules under today's conditions. I mean... they could find a way to get $$ money to someone given the athletes new ability to profit

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This is beyond stupid of the NCAA pretending there are limits to what schools can do and it's farcical to believe the NCAA has the personnel and ability to monitor every school and what they are doing.

It's the wild, wild, west.
Yes it’s wild as in WTF. But the NCAA is the wild, wild, midwest. The barn door is open and here they go trying to get the horses back in. It’s just crazy that this is happening. I feel pretty badly for Tennessee. This is just an institution refusing to accept that their relevance will never be what it was and terrified in not knowing what their exact role will be in the business of college sports moving forward. They no longer control all the purse strings money is power etc. Super conferences, NIL and their own blatant hypocrisy, they are fading fast. And that is a good thing for college sports IMO.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Is NIL the way the NCAA interpreted the Supreme Court decision, or was the NCAA told how to do it?

Reaction Score
Central Connecticut is screwed! The NCAA will need to make an example of somebody outside the SEC. Remember how hard they came down on MIT? The bought a kid an illicit candy bar! Might have led to a NEWMAC title in fencing with that hunk of chocolate. Fortunately Emmert was on the scene.

Reaction Score
Honestly, this is just makes Tennessee look incompetent. Same thing with FSU. All you need to do is not make it super obvious that you are offering the bag for a commitment.

This is why I'm doubtful FSU will win their ACC lawsuit. They clearly are not having their best and brightest run the show down there.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom