NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Statistics - 2020-21 | The Boneyard

NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Statistics - 2020-21

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting to note that a month or more ago in the 3pt% there were I think 5 or 6 players above 50% with the leader at 58%. It is now down to a single player at 50.6 who is above 50%.

It really is a law of averages - the more you shoot the three, the harder it is to keep your percentage above 50%. 3 of the top six players have played few than 20 games and attempted fewer than 100 threes. Katie Benzan from MD is an excepetion - she is one of the highest volume three point shooter on the list and is hitting 50.6%.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting to note that a month or more ago in the 3pt% there were I think 5 or 6 players above 50% with the leader at 58%. It is now down to a single player at 50.6 who is above 50%.

It really is a law of averages - the more you shoot the three, the harder it is to keep your percentage above 50%. 3 of the top six players have played few than 20 games and attempted fewer than 100 threes. Katie Benzan from MD is an excepetion - she is one of the highest volume three point shooter on the list and is hitting 50.6%.
Benzan shoots mostly 3-pointers plus a few layups. She's an excellent shooter. The pattern you saw was typical. I think Kaleena was over 50% late one year, then went into a game with different shoes and another game with a tape issue. She dropped to 48% or 49%. For the players whose teams are still playing, they play against some top teams in the nation, so extremely high offensive stats tend to moderate. Paige dropped from an other-worldly 57% to an excellent 47%. I believe she is now at 47.4%. I think that Lou led the nation, perhaps her junior year, at 47.5%, so Paige's shooting is exemplary!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Benzan shoots mostly 3-pointers plus a few layups. She's an excellent shooter. The pattern you saw was typical. I think Kaleena was over 50% late one year, then went into a game with different shoes and another game with a tape issue. She dropped to 48% or 49%. For the players whose teams are still playing, they play against some top teams in the nation, so extremely high offensive stats tend to moderate. Paige dropped from an other-worldly 57% to an excellent 47%. I believe she is now at 47.4%. I think that Lou led the nation, perhaps her junior year, at 47.5%, so Paige's shooting is exemplary!
Happened to Moriah as well - I think it was the NCAA where her percentage first dropped below 50% and then dropped 0.1% below Sue's Uconn single season record.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom