NCAA creating motivation by Ommiting Wildcats from promotional video | The Boneyard

NCAA creating motivation by Ommiting Wildcats from promotional video

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
What purpose? :confused:
The only conceivable purpose would be to provide Arizona's team additional motivation to play harder to beat it's next opponent, which just happens to be UCONN (Who already are perceived as being Bad for women's College Basketball)

As the attached video clearly indicates, the players are feeling slighted with the omission and subsequently, intend on proving that they should not be over-looked/disrespected...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The only conceivable purpose would be to provide Arizona's team additional motivation to play harder to beat it's next opponent, which just happens to be UCONN (Who already are perceived as being Bad for women's College Basketball)

As the attached video clearly indicates, the players are feeling slighted with the omission and subsequently, intend on proving that they should not be over-looked/disrespected...
I hope they come out believing they can beat UConn. It seems Aari is ready. Lets have a good one.

Reaction Score

200.gif

Reaction Score
C'mon...the NCAA didn't do this to provide bulletin board fodder for Arizona.

The NCAA did this because, as they demonstrate time and time again, they are sloppy at best and borderline incompetent at worst
Yep. Let's not forget this is the same organization that didn't think the women needed workout equipment. Leaving out a team in a promo video? That's child's play and the NCAA does that kind of thing in their sleep.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Could someone post the video being referenced?

If you clicked the link in the original Post you would have read the following which stated the video was later taken down by the NCAA.

"I rewatched it a couple of times," Arizona senior guard Aari McDonald said. "It was frustrating. I definitely took it as a sign of disrespect."

The NCAA told ESPN that it didn't intend to omit the Wildcats and that when staff realized the error
, the video was deleted from Twitter and they apologized to the school. An Arizona spokesman said the apology was sent via direct message to the team's Twitter account, which had questioned the video.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
All NCAA personnel were distracted by the comments of the Supreme Court Justices who questioned their no pay for athletes argument yesterday.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
C'mon...the NCAA didn't do this to provide bulletin board fodder for Arizona.

The NCAA did this because, as they demonstrate time and time again, they are sloppy at best and borderline incompetent at worst
Borderline?

Reaction Score
Actually they didn't purposely ignore Arizona. When they made the video I bet they just assumed all 4 of their #1 teams were going to the final 4. When someone caught that problem they just removed the offending team...

Reaction Score
Hard to believe the NCAA would knowingly court the inevitable storm of criticism from virtually all quarters for the dubious possibility of helping a huge underdog, defeat a hated (undoubtedly true) opponent. While there is little doubt in my mind that (in general) the powers that be would rather someone else win than UConn, I just can’t believe they (with the exception of ESPN) would be so blatantly open about it. It was most likely just incompetence, something we see quite routinely from the NCAA.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Again, someone please tell me how Emmert has a job? Seriously, he needs to resign...His whole reign reminds me of Nero...

Reaction Score
If you clicked the link in the original Post you would have read the following which stated the video was later taken down by the NCAA.

"I rewatched it a couple of times," Arizona senior guard Aari McDonald said. "It was frustrating. I definitely took it as a sign of disrespect."

The NCAA told ESPN that it didn't intend to omit the Wildcats and that when staff realized the error, the video was deleted from Twitter and they apologized to the school. An Arizona spokesman said the apology was sent via direct message to the team's Twitter account, which had questioned the video.
i did listen to the original video, but missed that part about it being deleted. Thanks!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom