NCAA Constitutional Convention. Predict How Emmert Fails Upwards Again. | The Boneyard

NCAA Constitutional Convention. Predict How Emmert Fails Upwards Again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Generally speaking those in power don't lead a break up of a cartel unless they think they will end up in a stronger position post break up than they were pre break up.

Somehow they will realign D I, II and III, have each sport essentially have its own commissioner at each level to make and manage rules for the sport and division and Emmert will end up as the Royal High King on High of All Things Collegiate and Athletic. Some people just have a knack for failing up the food chain. This guy has that in spades.

NCAA takes next step in dramatic changes to college athletics (usatoday.com)

Reaction Score
Just disband the NCAA and be done with it...admit Bball and Fball are minor leagues for the pros.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"I think it's really the shifting legal environment, the economic environment, the political environment — all of that — that creates this opportunity in a lot of ways to stop and erase the blackboard and draw a new chart again," NCAA President Mark Emmert said to USA TODAY Sports and a handful of other media outlets. "And that's a really, really powerful opportunity that can't be wasted.”

Emmert acknowledged the outcome of the convention could create rules that are different for the biggest and smallest schools within Division I, saying "the constitution and the structure of governing college sports need to be able to accommodate a very broad collection of institutions."

“Right now it includes the largest budgets in college sports, the smallest and everything in between," Emmert said. "And one of the questions in front of them is: Is that arrangement the most useful right now and can they change the governing structure to more effectively allow all of the schools to achieve the things that they and their students want to achieve?”

TL;DR: You can use to bless the break up of the NCAA if you will give me a job. (Or even simpler - Let me continue to be your weasel.)

Fortunately @billybud has assured us that the P-5 won't breakaway, so I'm not worried.

Reaction Score
Just disband the NCAA and be done with it...admit Bball and Fball are minor leagues for the pros.
The rest of the country thinking college sports is “just” minor leagues for the pros is why the SEC is so powerful. I promise you, nobody here thinks that way

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom