NCAA considering codifying new flopping rule | The Boneyard

NCAA considering codifying new flopping rule

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

One free-throw seems kind of an odd penalty. I think they’ll be opportunities to take advantage of this. Up by three with time running out well you might as well flop and only risk one made free throw rather them two.

I also found this interesting:

Faking being fouled (flopping) on block/charge plays, on attempted tries on field goal attempts or using any other tactics such as a "head bob," which might incorrectly lead an official to believe that a foul has been committed

Kemba would’ve gotten penalized on every possession. :)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Honestly, this is stupid. Make these calls easier for officials to make or get better officials. Call the foul on whichever player gains an advantage through the contact. You'll get rid of these weak 'and 1' plays as well when a guy gets brushed on a dunk.

Reaction Score
I would rather see them implement coach’s challenges like the NBA/NFL has.

Reaction Score

One free-throw seems kind of an odd penalty. I think they’ll be opportunities to take advantage of this. Up by three with time running out well you might as well flop and only risk one made free throw rather them two.

Faking being fouled (flopping) on block/charge plays, on attempted tries on field goal attempts or using any other tactics such as a "head bob," which might incorrectly lead an official to believe that a foul has been committed.

I assume the 1 free throw would work the same way technical free throws work now where they're in addition to the foul. So it would be 3 FTs if you flopped trying to draw a charge on a shot attempt

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I assume the 1 free throw would work the same way technical free throws work now where they're in addition to the foul. So it would be 3 FTs if you flopped trying to draw a charge on a shot attempt
What if the player went full Duke and flopped without contact? The obvious answer to me is one and the ball.

Reaction Score
What if the player went full Duke and flopped without contact? The obvious answer to me is one and the ball.
I believe that's what would happen since it's considered a technical foul

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The best way to avoid flopping is to actually call all the offensive fouls and forearm push-offs that mostly go uncalled.

Reaction Score

Faking being fouled (flopping) on block/charge plays, on attempted tries on field goal attempts or using any other tactics such as a "head bob," which might incorrectly lead an official to believe that a foul has been committed

K just retired… coincidence? I think not.

Reaction Score
The game is in disarray (NIL, portal cheating, fake classes, etc) and they are concerned about flopping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom