NCAA Committee Changes | The Boneyard

NCAA Committee Changes

Reaction Score

A lot of interesting ones in here but this is the big one that will be voted on soon

On that note, there is another intriguing idea gathering momentum. Though it wasn't voted on by the D-I Council on Wednesday, could come up for vote later this fall.

The Men's Basketball Oversight Committee met on Monday and Tuesday in Indianapolis. According to sources, the committee discussed the potential of having college basketball teams play made-for-TV exhibition games during the summer. A lot of details need to be determined, but if allowed, the rule change could enable men's and women's college basketball teams to organize two or perhaps as many as three unofficial games with the capacity sell tickets and provide NIL opportunities for players in the heart of the summer.

Reaction Score
Do we need another tournament
That loses money? I thought the men’s NIT was done or was that just MSG ending their participation.
If the idea was to increase revenue for basketball playing schools
D1 schools should just break away like football .
There is a ton of money they make that doesn’t go to them .

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

A lot of interesting ones in here but this is the big one that will be voted on soon

On that note, there is another intriguing idea gathering momentum. Though it wasn't voted on by the D-I Council on Wednesday, could come up for vote later this fall.

The Men's Basketball Oversight Committee met on Monday and Tuesday in Indianapolis. According to sources, the committee discussed the potential of having college basketball teams play made-for-TV exhibition games during the summer. A lot of details need to be determined, but if allowed, the rule change could enable men's and women's college basketball teams to organize two or perhaps as many as three unofficial games with the capacity sell tickets and provide NIL opportunities for players in the heart of the summer.

I’ve mentioned the pre-season exhibition/tournament idea before. I hope it goes through as a regional event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco
Top Bottom