NCAA Claims UConn WBB Is Streaking | The Boneyard

NCAA Claims UConn WBB Is Streaking

Reaction Score
The Huskies women's basketball team holds the record for the longest home winning streak in DI women's basketball history at 99 games. UConn also has the longest active streak at 94 games.

Full Article HERE
I 'm happy I read the FULL article!! I thought Uconn was trying to bring back ---STREAKING!! whew, what a relief????

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's safe to say the home court win streak is in jeopardy this season, with all three of Baylor, Notre Dame and Oregon headed to XL or Gampel. I suppose it's small consolation that last year's road-biased schedule helped leave the home win streak intact.

Interesting to see the other teams whose last home court loss came before the 18-19 season:
1. UConn (94 games; last home loss vs. Notre Dame on 3-12-2013, in Big East tournament final)
2. Baylor (39 games; last home loss vs. Texas on 2-6-2017)
3. Iowa (21 games; last home loss vs. Nebraska on 1-28-2018)
4. Stephen F. Austin (17 games; last home loss vs. Lamar on 2-24-2018)
5. Rice (15 games; last home loss vs. Louisiana Tech on 3-1-2018)

It's nice to see Notre Dame tied for 6th place with great teams like Radford, Youngstown State and South Dakota :) But when was the last time ND lost at home to any team other than UConn? Maybe Baylor several years ago?

Reaction Score
It's safe to say the home court win streak is in jeopardy this season, with all three of Baylor, Notre Dame and Oregon headed to XL or Gampel. I suppose it's small consolation that last year's road-biased schedule helped leave the home win streak intact.

Interesting to see the other teams whose last home court loss came before the 18-19 season:
1. UConn (94 games; last home loss vs. Notre Dame on 3-12-2013, in Big East tournament final)

It's nice to see Notre Dame tied for 6th place with great teams like Radford, Youngstown State and South Dakota :) But when was the last time ND lost at home to any team other than UConn? Maybe Baylor several years ago?
I think Baylor in the 2012-13 season. Good chance they would have lost to Oregon State in the 15-16 season at home, but OSU was without Wiese. Notre Dame won 62-61.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

What those teams all have in common is that they're in weak conferences. Not at all surprised that no PAC-12 or ACC teams went undefeated at home last season, because those were the two conferences that had multiple top-10 teams in their conferences. UConn, Baylor, and Iowa were the standouts in weak conferences. (That's not to say UConn wouldn't have gone undefeated even if it played other schools, but let's be real, there's no way UConn would have this streak with the teams it's had the past few years if it were still hosting the old Big East schools like Notre Dame and Louisville every single season. The odds would catch up with them eventually.)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What those teams all have in common is that they're in weak conferences. Not at all surprised that no PAC-12 or ACC teams went undefeated at home last season, because those were the two conferences that had multiple top-10 teams in their conferences. UConn, Baylor, and Iowa were the standouts in weak conferences. (That's not to say UConn wouldn't have gone undefeated even if it played other schools, but let's be real, there's no way UConn would have this streak with the teams it's had the past few years if it were still hosting the old Big East schools like Notre Dame and Louisville every single season. The odds would catch up with them eventually.)
ND has been undefeated in ACC home games since joining the conference. If not for their home games vs. UConn, their home winning streak would be longer than UConn's.

Almost no one in the ACC hosts the same team every season, with the exception of pairings like FSU-Miami and Duke-UNC, who seem to play each other twice every season.

Reaction Score

I don't know... I could imagine if Uconn was playing in one of the stronger conference in the past few years (ACC or Pac-12) it would have been able to attract even better recruiting classes and would have found a way to run the table in both the regular seasons and post seasons.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If UConn was in the Old Big East, I would respectfully suggest that the Huskies would have out-recruited a number of P5 schools for several of the talented Bigs that got away, and could very well run up the same win streak plus several more national championships to boot.

Reaction Score
The only home games that ND has lost the last few years have been to UCONN. Their undefeated at home against all ACC Opponents.

Reaction Score
But UConn did play in the Big East with ND, Louisville, and Rutgers for 20 years and still had the same crazy win streaks. Some of the streaks still alive today date back to when they were in the Big East.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can't imagine N.D. beating UCONN this season. Didn't they lose all five starters?
Yes, plus 2 top reserves who would have very likely started this season but decided to transfer.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I 'm happy I read the FULL article!! I thought Uconn was trying to bring back ---STREAKING!! whew, what a relief????

Maybe the NCAA, confused as usual, has embraced the throw-back definition of streaking because they can see so many Husky buns.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom