NCAA changes | The Boneyard

NCAA changes

Reaction Score

This is bonkers. Schools pay for OVs, right? I would 100% take all 15 OVs if I was a SA.

"The school can pay for the following for you and your parents/guardians: transportation to and from the campus, lodging throughout your visit, three meals per day and three tickets to a home sports event."

Reaction Score
This is bonkers. Schools pay for OVs, right? I would 100% take all 15 OVs if I was a SA.

"The school can pay for the following for you and your parents/guardians: transportation to and from the campus, lodging throughout your visit, three meals per day and three tickets to a home sports event."
Yeah, and now instead of a list of top 5 schools, top 12-15 will probably be more common.

Reaction Score
This is a step in the right direction but if youre an elite talent I would think that a team would at least take a chance at you. I feel like a lot of players will be taken in the second round and cut. How many elite talents go undrafted?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Schools are on the hook to "pay for tuition, fees and books for ... players who left school and returned later to the same school to earn their degree."

Any time frame here? Are schools required to accept them?

Reaction Score
Still will be selectively applied. Totally have lost what little faith I had regarding the NCAA after the UNC debacle.
This is to get private schools that aren't bound by FOI

Reaction Score
Schools are on the hook to "pay for tuition, fees and books for ... players who left school and returned later to the same school to earn their degree."

Any time frame here? Are schools required to accept them?

I think no on time frame and yes to accepting them. They've already been accepted once. Only applies to basketball players.

Basically just ensures a pseudo scholarship covers them if they return to school after going to play professionally.

Reaction Score
I think no on time frame and yes to accepting them. They've already been accepted once. Only applies to basketball players.

Basically just ensures a pseudo scholarship covers them if they return to school after going to play professionally.
Yes but I imagine they'd have to still be academically eligible

Reaction Score
Yes but I imagine they'd have to still be academically eligible

Probably just covers 4 years of school time total (new scholarship covers 4 years - however many you used before on actual athletic scholarship). If you don't graduate before then, I'm guessing you're paying on your own dime.

But yeah, might be some stipulation about leaving school in good academic standing originally.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Free vacations and events. Plus party galore. I would too.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, and now instead of a list of top 5 schools, top 12-15 will probably be more common.

Kofi already ahead of the curve.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Bilas said that only combine invites that don’t get drafted can return to school. If true this rule is stupid

Reaction Score
Bilas said that only combine invites that don’t get drafted can return to school. If true this rule is stupid

Better than nothing. I'd like more as well, but I'll settle for this as a start.

Those are the most important people to allow back anyways (people that are told you have a shot but it doesn't work out).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom