NCAA Basketball Survivor | The Boneyard

NCAA Basketball Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking for some input for a pool I'm involved in.

Just need one team to win Thursday. Deciding between Wichita St. and Wisconsin. This is under the assumption that both teams lose to Kentucky and Arizona, respectively.

Leaning Wichita, although Vegas likes Wisconsin a lot better. Thoughts?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've got the same issue and Wisconsin seems like the play but makes me nervous.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Looking for some input for a pool I'm involved in.

Just need one team to win Thursday. Deciding between Wichita St. and Wisconsin. This is under the assumption that both teams lose to Kentucky and Arizona, respectively.

Leaning Wichita, although Vegas likes Wisconsin a lot better. Thoughts?
Read this thread and remember that Vegas odds are influenced by the number of fans supporting a university.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/kenpom-and-the-ncaas.74823/

Reaction Score
wisconsin, wsu and uk are all highly motivated teams with a recent pain in their system.

As far as the depth of pain I would bet:

1. Wisconsin (last second uk jumper)
2. WSU (uk beat them and ruined their undefeated season)
3. uk (they weren't supposed to get to the Finals and certainly weren't supposed to lose to us)

Would be sweet justice if wsu ruined uk's perfect season.

Would be revenge if Wiscy avenges last year's last second loss

Would be tragic if uk wins it all, making up for last year's game

Got to admit there are some great story lines for all 3.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The gambling market in the tournament is very efficient. Wisconsin is certainly a safer selection than attempting to call the ND/WSU coin flip. It's a survivor pool though - so there is value in being contrarian if you are right when you go out on a limb.

If you've got AZ and Wisky still to choose from if you played it straight up you'd just decide who wins their matchup and select the other on Thursday. There is a lot of blood on the other side and better opportunities to step out on a limb I think.

Survivor pools>>>>>>>>brackets.

Reaction Score
The gambling market in the tournament is very efficient. Wisconsin is certainly a safer selection than attempting to call the ND/WSU coin flip. It's a survivor pool though - so there is value in being contrarian if you are right when you go out on a limb.

If you've got AZ and Wisky still to choose from if you played it straight up you'd just decide who wins their matchup and select the other on Thursday. There is a lot of blood on the other side and better opportunities to step out on a limb I think.

Survivor pools>>>>>>>>brackets.

I'm not really going out on a limb by saying the winner of the Irish/Shockers game is going to lose to Kentucky, and more of the same with Arizona over Wisky/Tarheels. I JUST NEED THE WINNER.

If Kennedy Meeks doesn't play, I will most likely go Wisconsin. I am terrified of Tokoto's athleticism and Marcus Paige's Shabazz factor, but it seems like the play. Less so with Jerian Grant & co, but I can't justify a pick'em.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not really going out on a limb by saying the winner of the Irish/Shockers game is going to lose to Kentucky, and more of the same with Arizona over Wisky/Tarheels. I JUST NEED THE WINNER.

If Kennedy Meeks doesn't play, I will most likely go Wisconsin. I am terrified of Tokoto's athleticism and Marcus Paige's Shabazz factor, but it seems like the play. Less so with Jerian Grant & co, but I can't justify a pick'em.

You are going out on a limb picking a harder game than just picking Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
Not sure why a lot of you seem to assume Arizona is going to roll Wisconsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom