NCAA Basketball: 10 most watchable teams for 2020-21 season | The Boneyard

NCAA Basketball: 10 most watchable teams for 2020-21 season

Reaction Score

6. Connecticut Huskies

A return to the Big East conference, after seven years in the American Athletic Conference, is cause for plenty of excitement in Storrs this year. The Huskies are trending in the right direction under 3rd-year head coach Dan Hurley and boast considerable weapons to immediately make noise in the conference. Led by sophomore James Bouknight, Connecticut has another electrifying star to lean on and orchestrate historical moments in its basketball history.

Transfers RJ Cole (Howard) and Tyrese Martin (Rhode Island) provide a lot of upside on both ends of the floor for the team, but there’s a lot of buzz surrounding freshman Andre Jackson. The 6’6 wing is very explosive and has added 20 lbs since arriving on campus this offseason, only increasing his chances of an immediate breakout campaign.

The frontcourt group of Tyler Polley, Akok Akok, and Josh Carlton provide a lot of reliable production in the frontcourt for Coach Hurley, but freshman bigs Adama Sanogo and Javonte Brown-Ferguson could push for immediate playing time this season. The floor for this team may be higher than expected, but the ceiling could continue to grow as the season progresses.

Reaction Score

6. Connecticut Huskies

A return to the Big East conference, after seven years in the American Athletic Conference, is cause for plenty of excitement in Storrs this year. The Huskies are trending in the right direction under 3rd-year head coach Dan Hurley and boast considerable weapons to immediately make noise in the conference. Led by sophomore James Bouknight, Connecticut has another electrifying star to lean on and orchestrate historical moments in its basketball history.

Transfers RJ Cole (Howard) and Tyrese Martin (Rhode Island) provide a lot of upside on both ends of the floor for the team, but there’s a lot of buzz surrounding freshman Andre Jackson. The 6’6 wing is very explosive and has added 20 lbs since arriving on campus this offseason, only increasing his chances of an immediate breakout campaign.

The frontcourt group of Tyler Polley, Akok Akok, and Josh Carlton provide a lot of reliable production in the frontcourt for Coach Hurley, but freshman bigs Adama Sanogo and Javonte Brown-Ferguson could push for immediate playing time this season. The floor for this team may be higher than expected, but the ceiling could continue to grow as the season progresses.
The Buzz is palpable! Did Alex O’Connell get a waiver? Forgot about him at Creighton. He didn’t live up to expectations at Duke, but he never really fit into what they do. He was a big time recruit, kid has game and might shine with coach McDermott.

Reaction Score
Good list.

I plan on watching every Gonzaga OOC game with Baylor, Iowa, Auburn, Texas Tech and Houston on the docket. During conference time, I have a tradition of watching recorded key Friday night WCC games with my morning coffee.

Florida State is an easy team to root for in the ACC, especially when they play Duke, but they tend to step up later in the season.

In addition to Alabama, I'll catch some Arkansas and Ole Miss games. In general, the SEC will be a lot of fun this year as I've also liked Tennessee since Barnes has taken over.

I tend to avoid Big Ten games and I'll not watch AAC games until much later in the season when the standings take shape.

Of course, super psyched for Big East games.

Outside of teams on this list, I'm excited for the A-10 this year and the Mountain West should be good too. MVC has some good battles between UNI, Loyola and Bradley. The top-end Southern and Sun Belt teams should have good battles too.

There's a Mohegan bubble w/ Iona, Vermont and Buffalo that I'll keep my eye on too.

Reaction Score
The Buzz is palpable! Did Alex O’Connell get a waiver? Forgot about him at Creighton. He didn’t live up to expectations at Duke, but he never really fit into what they do. He was a big time recruit, kid has game and might shine with coach McDermott.
O'Connell didn't apply for a waiver, he's sitting out this year and playing 2021-22 when they have a few guys graduating

Reaction Score
It's great (along with Mountain West games too). Fast forward through all the commercials and half-time show and the game is over in 75 minutes.

Question to all: major college basketball nerd who keeps track of good mid-major matchups each week. Worth it to share a weekly preview once the season starts?

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
It's great (along with Mountain West games too). Fast forward through all the commercials and half-time show and the game is over in 75 minutes.

Question to all: major college basketball nerd who keeps track of good mid-major matchups each week. Worth it to share a weekly preview once the season starts?
Yes, absolutely

Reaction Score
how else are we supposed to hear about the 3 good matchups in the aac?

Reaction Score

6. Connecticut Huskies

No mention of IW as a productive member of the front court?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom