NCAA Accepts Baylor's Self-Imposed Penalties | The Boneyard

NCAA Accepts Baylor's Self-Imposed Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
other than the embarrassment and public rebuke, it really won't affect her or Baylor much, if at all. so she can't go recruiting over the summer? but her assistants can? the HC is usually the closer anyway and rarely does the heavy lifting early in the recruiting process.

i found it interesting that they listed the infractions as "major violations". i'm not sure how opposing coaches will use that when recruiting against Baylor, but i'd expect it will come up. after all, people love throwing around comments like "dirty program" and "cheater".

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
other than the embarrassment and public rebuke, it really won't affect her or Baylor much, if at all. so she can't go recruiting over the summer? but her assistants can? the HC is usually the closer anyway and rarely does the heavy lifting early in the recruiting process.

i found it interesting that they listed the infractions as "major violations". i'm not sure how opposing coaches will use that when recruiting against Baylor, but i'd expect it will come up. after all, people love throwing around comments like "dirty program" and "cheater".

Coaches also like throwing around the words "National Champions."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Coaches also like throwing around the words "National Champions."
very true. for UCONN, only 1 other program is even close and they haven't been recruiting as well lately. other coaches certainly won't want to play the "NC card" when recruiting against UCONN!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
very true. for UCONN, only 1 other program is even close and they haven't been recruiting as well lately. other coaches certainly won't want to play the "NC card" when recruiting against UCONN!!

Yeah, that would be a tough sale.

Reaction Score
While I find it interesting that there seems to be minimal punishment over these violations, I would like to commend Baylor's women's bball program for at least being up front with the NCAA and honest regarding what took place (at least from what I can understand). I understand, "it's easy to become honest when your back is against the wall" but they seemed to have been very open with what occurred, particularly the Griner family, once the NCAA came knocking.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hey everybody, I heard on the BY that Brittney got a house, a job for her mom, and a job at ESPN for signing with Baylor. :D

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I heard Brittney got the promise of a candlelit dinner with easttexastrash if she committed to Baylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom