Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Go complain to the NCAA committee... and here is something to snack on

square.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dessert?

Ha... well there is a Krispy Kreme on the way back from the restaurant, and I almost stopped.. but I thought about it.. and was like.. what would the Boneyard say.

Can I recommend a good Statin with your meal?

Well they gave me a baked potato instead of mashed potatoes with cheddar... so that's a bit healthier.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, A&M is also volunteering for this thread, and Baylor didn't look overwhelming today.

NC State beat South Carolina, and Louisville twice. Thems the facts.

edit--oops, A&M a #2 seed, my bad; well anyway they certainly shouldn't have been up a seed line they were in the running

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, A&M is also volunteering for this thread, and Baylor didn't look overwhelming today.

NC State beat South Carolina, and Louisville twice. Thems the facts.

And Baylor's best victory before today was Iowa State or Texas

Reaction Score
If UCONN beats Baylor to advance to the final four, they play the winner of Arizona/ Indiana. A much easier path to the finals than the other side of the bracket with Louisville, South Carolina, Maryland, & Stanford fighting it out.

Reaction Score
We can't just go by one game. Every team can have a bad day and when you compound that with a bad match up it mught turn out like it did. The team that should not have been a # 1 seed was TA&M although going by their record it was not a really bad choice. The officials gave them two games in a row but nothing could help them against Arizona.

Reaction Score
If UCONN beats Baylor to advance to the final four, they play the winner of Arizona/ Indiana. A much easier path to the finals than the other side of the bracket with Louisville, South Carolina, Maryland, & Stanford fighting it out.
So it appears the anticipated difficult bracket did not play itself out with Uconn never having to face A&M nor Tenn, or Kentucky- the teams that were supposed to have made this the toughest bracket. Of course they still have to face Baylor.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Uconn happens to lose Monday night.... I expect a Baylor should have never been a #2 seed Thread to pop up at around 9:05pm EST.

That's a big hunk of cheese I posted earlier... enough for a few more people to get a slice. :cool:

Reaction Score
The selection committee thoroughly examines each team's whole season & their seedings reflected that. By the start of the tournament, Baylor & Maryland were two of the best teams in the country. But their whole body of work wasn't enough for the committee to have them leapfrog over Texas AM & NC State.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The selection committee thoroughly examines each team's whole season & their seedings reflected that. By the start of the tournament, Baylor & Maryland were two of the best teams in the country. But their whole body of work wasn't enough for the committee to have them leapfrog over Texas AM & NC State.
I definitely see your point. You can’t just go off potential and neither squad mentioned had the quantitative backing on paper, even if they passed the eye test.

At the end of the day, this kind of parity is good for the game.

Reaction Score
I made a (now deleted, thanks admins!) post to the contrary, but I definitely see your point. You can’t just go off potential and neither squad mentioned had the quantitative backing on paper, even if they passed the eye test.

At the end of the day, this kind of parity is good for the game.
I actually agreed with your premise that NCState & Texas A&M should have been seeded lower than Baylor & Maryland. But the selection committee's formula is credible.

Reaction Score
NC State and Texas A&M were boosted by the "strength" of their leagues compared to Baylor and Maryland. I think the Big 10 proved it was a better league than the committee gave them credit for and the SEC and ACC were not a step above the Big 10 as the committee and some media members implied. Totally understand the committee has a system, but I don't think it was right this year with where they placed teams #3 - 7. I think they got Stanford and UConn right (and Louisville as the 8th best team), but didn't take the "eye test" into account when looking at the rest of the 1 and 2 seeds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom