NC State..Im not impressed | The Boneyard

NC State..Im not impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Expected a lot more from this team regarded as one of the top in acc,and coached by the genius himself who knocked UCONN for days from his espn perch.That was pretty much rec league offense and that burly inside post player was just too damn big for anyone we had not playing football.Gottfried,I had to laugh when announcers mentioned he got his start at Oral Roberts,when in the studio I always felt like he was preaching,and not to the choir,and the philandering he was accused of in the past well that gets explained that way as well

Reaction Score
when they did his halftime interview i almost felt like he was trying to sell me a used car..

Reaction Score
They are a good squad, come 2013 even better. Answered our challenge and fought back. Can't understand why you can't give some credit to the opponent.

To me it's a matter of we know how to interrupt offenses and consequently make opponents look worse than they are. It's the impact of our guards that cause this. We have some good damn guards. Anyway I disagree, NC State is a 'good' team.

caw

Reaction Score
All depends on what other teams you are comparing with them. They main get on a hot streak in the NCAAT but they aren't a typical Championship team. Their PG is really not as good as I thought he was supposed to be. They destroyed UConn down low but without a few bad plays by UConn they lose. The three biggest plays IMO were:

• Enosh stealing then having it stolen. That went from a 4 on 1 for UConn to a 4 on 1 for NCST, 4 PT swing in the first half
  • Calhoun being stripped by Leslie on the fastbreak. He clearly didn't have a handle on the ball and really should have just picked it up. Gave a clear two points to NCST
  • Boatright grabbing the defensive rebound then having it squirt below his legs, when he tried to get out of the lane, straight to Leslie for the quick dunk. I think it was a 4 point game at that point with about 2 minutes to go.

Reaction Score
Lorenzo Brown kicked butt last night. He's very good. Uconn neutralized Leslie a little, but he is going to give teams fits all season.

I think their ceiling is the sweet sixteen, but could go a game further with a little luck.

Reaction Score
They beat us. My eyes tell me they were the more talented team.

Reaction Score
if you're not impressed with them you must be really unimpressed with us

caw

Reaction Score
Lorenzo Brown kicked butt last night. He's very good. Uconn neutralized Leslie a little, but he is going to give teams fits all season.

I think their ceiling is the sweet sixteen, but could go a game further with a little luck.

I didn't think Brown was that good, I mean he has been hyped as the best PG in college this year, or top 3 at least.

Reaction Score
I didn't think Brown was that good, I mean he has been hyped as the best PG in college this year, or top 3 at least.

I haven't followed mbb this year as much as years past, so I didn't know how hyped he was. I thought he was pretty solid last night though- nothing spectacular, but he made some very important shots at critical moments if my memory (still foggy) holds.

caw

Reaction Score
I haven't followed mbb this year as much as years past, so I didn't know how hyped he was. I thought he was pretty solid last night though- nothing spectacular, but he made some very important shots at critical moments if my memory (still foggy) holds.

I guess I just was expecting more, you are right, he wasn't bad. I just don't know if he is a champion caliber PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom