NC State has received notice of allegations, including two Level I allegations, involving former head coach Mark Gottfried and assistant Orlando Early | The Boneyard

NC State has received notice of allegations, including two Level I allegations, involving former head coach Mark Gottfried and assistant Orlando Early

Reaction Score
Gottfried was furious about Nate Miles. Just livid on ESPN. Stuff like that cost him his Alabama job, apparently.

Reaction Score
Thamel: NCAA hits NC State with notice of allegations tied to hoops corruption investigation

>>On Tuesday, NCAA enforcement delivered a notice of allegations that charges the NC State men’s basketball program and two former coaches with major violations. The school released the notice of allegations publicly Wednesday, after a meeting of the Board of Trustees. Two of the NCAA’s four allegations are Level I violations, the most severe charges at the enforcement staff’s disposal, and thus potentially subject to the most severe sanctions from the Committee on Infractions. The other two allegations are Level II violations.

In addition to being a problem for NC State, the charges specifically related to former coach Mark Gottfried — now the head coach at Cal State Northridge — could jeopardize his current standing at that school. Gottfried is charged with violating head coach responsibility legislation, specifically a failure to monitor his program and promote an atmosphere of compliance.

In broader terms, this also could signal an effort by the NCAA to pin responsibility on those who have proven to be the most evasive of targets in cheating scandals — the head coaches.<<

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great job NCAA - keep penalizing teams and coaches of teams that don't come close to touch what L'ville, UNC, Kansas, Zona and other notables have done and what has been disclosed. Not saying NC State is blameless but......
How long ago was the Smith stuff 3 years plus?
What about what has happened in past 18 months????
I despise the NCAA and that db Emmert

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
WHERES the $&$%ing 25 count level 1 death penalty type announcement on Zona, Louisville, LSU, UNC, etc? They were paying players, supplying them hookers, set up fake classes etc. Uconn and NC state? Come on. We had these level violations for nonsense. I’m starting to get really frustrated with this . Louisville and Zona had top 3 classes last year. Good god this is frustrating.

Reaction Score
Well they had to get one of the North Carolina schools at some point...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Well they had to get one of the North Carolina schools at some point...
I’m starting to get legitimately angry. Louisville has the #2 class in the country coming in after they essentially admitted to giving hookers to players. What is going on here? Why aren’t they penalized?

Reaction Score
I’m starting to get legitimately angry. Louisville has the #2 class in the country coming in after they essentially admitted to giving hookers to players. What is going on here? Why aren’t they penalized?
>>Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July.

The remaining four would be rolled out later in the summer in what was described as a wave of NCAA investigations meant to clean up major-college basketball.<<

caw

Reaction Score
Lol why in the hell did they throw in the comment about being relieved that the NCAA aren’t charging him with paying players....?

If I were the NCAA I would start investigating them for paying players right now.

Reaction Score
If I were the NCAA I would start investigating them for paying players right now.

From the Thames article above :

>>Former Wolfpack assistant Orlando Early, who was on Gottfried's staff, also was charged with a Level I violation.

The charges largely stem from the Wolfpack’s recruitment of star point guard Dennis Smith Jr., who played at the school in 2015-16 before becoming a top-10 pick in the NBA draft. As was detailed in the 2018 federal trial of Adidas executive Jim Gatto, consultant Merl Code Jr. and aspiring agent Christian Dawkins, Smith’s father allegedly was paid $40,000 through a middleman named Shawn Farmer by Early, who received the money from Adidas bag man T.J. Gassnola to secure the player’s commitment to the Wolfpack.<<

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
From the article:

>>Former Wolfpack assistant Orlando Early, who was on Gottfried's staff, also was charged with a Level I violation.

The charges largely stem from the Wolfpack’s recruitment of star point guard Dennis Smith Jr., who played at the school in 2015-16 before becoming a top-10 pick in the NBA draft. As was detailed in the 2018 federal trial of Adidas executive Jim Gatto, consultant Merl Code Jr. and aspiring agent Christian Dawkins, Smith’s father allegedly was paid $40,000 through a middleman named Shawn Farmer by Early, who received the money from Adidas bag man T.J. Gassnola to secure the player’s commitment to the Wolfpack.<<

I just assume they are like UL and are already back to breaking the rules...

Reaction Score
Wait, Gottfried is crooked?? My goodness, what a news flash. I wonder how that Titanic ship thing is doing.

Can't even really get upset at the NCAA anymore. They are a complete joke. Everyone knows it, just have to live with it cuz it sure as hell looks like it ain't gonna change.

Reaction Score
How are you only just getting there??? Everyone likes to laugh about how laughable the laughingstock NCAA is but this crap has been irksome for as long as I can remember. Most are probably just numb to it by now.

Reaction Score
Somebody has to take the fall for uNC.

And, isn't it convenient that the wiretap about Kansas paying Zion wasn't entered into evidence so it now can't be used by the NCAA?

Can't wait to see how the penalties meted out to the six schools will compare to those levied on UConn.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104