NC State Chancellor speaks | The Boneyard

NC State Chancellor speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"You have to ask if those schools were really debating leaving." Woodson said. "Others have speculated on it but every indication that I have as a chancellor in the ACC is that we’re a group of universities that are committed to the conference. I haven’t heard anything in recent conference calls that changes my view on that."
Really? That's the best you got? Be afraid, be very afraid.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/06/06/2117885/nc-states-woodson-eager-for-a.html

Of course he lies because he says nobody is leaving the ACC.

Just all part of the grand conspiracy. Hope that the ACC teams that are leaving tell us who shot JFK before they go.
I mean, jeezus, you keep beating this drum.... why? It's a bunch of worthless talk. We've seen it before. We've experienced it before. They will say that they are committed right up until the moment they announce a new direction. Why waste your breath/typing energy on this stuff?

Reaction Score
I mean, jeezus, you keep beating this drum.... why? It's a bunch of worthless talk. We've seen it before. We've experienced it before. They will say that they are committed right up until the moment they announce a new direction. Why waste your breath/typing energy on this stuff?

ACC officials denying expansion rumors: "worthless talk"

B12 officals on guarantee of rights: FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Is this a joke? U link us to a site with your username in it? All hail the acc.

You don't understand, do you. The NCState Chancellor has spoken. THE NCSTATE CHANCELLOR HAS SPOKEN!!!! Now do you understand? Better now, right?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know why this just dawned on me but Herb Sendek is the Randy Edsall of basketball.

Reaction Score
I don't know why this dawned on me but I keep hearing the bloviations of chairmen and chancellors trying to remind us they are relevant and the boss of something.

Reaction Score
It's obvious from the timing of things that the addition of Syracuse and Pitt did nothing to solidify the ACC, it only served to hasten the exit of Florida State, Clemson, etc. It's not a matter of if they leave, it's just a matter of when.

Reaction Score
You don't understand, do you. The NCState Chancellor has spoken. THE NCSTATE CHANCELLOR HAS SPOKEN!!!! Now do you understand? Better now, right?

I'm inclined to agree with you, but why doesn't that same standard apply to every internet message board "insider", such as the WVU, Baylor or Clemson guys that just seem to make stuff up and hope they hit?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anyone who says they know whether teams will or will not leave the ACC for the Big 12 is full of it. Imagine we're watching a poker where the players are telepathic and we don't see the cards. Everything that comes out for us to see is suspect. It may be real, it may be a bluff, positioning, half-truth, gamesmanship...anything. It's Game of Thrones. All we can do is hope UConn is playing and playing well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

He's a crtical guy in the ACC. He just get a little peaved when the UNC and Duke Chancellors ask "How is everything going at um, Eastern Carolina is it? No? Well whatever."

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm inclined to agree with you, but why doesn't that same standard apply to every internet message board "insider", such as the WVU, Baylor or Clemson guys that just seem to make stuff up and hope they hit?
For those on the board back in 2003, remember the Maryland Mole who had all the info on Cuse going to the ACC? These guys may very well have info, but they usually have a piece of info and not the whole story. They take the leap based on what they want to believe and then the lemmings follow.

Reaction Score
For those on the board back in 2003, remember the Maryland Mole who had all the info on Cuse going to the ACC? These guys may very well have info, but they usually have a piece of info and not the whole story. They take the leap based on what they want to believe and then the lemmings follow.
Yeah, well, the guy was right. Syracuse was going to the ACC. It got intercepted, but the pass was in the air.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I agree. It SHOULD apply to every internet message board "insider". Don't get me wrong, I have linked different articles around conference realignment in various threads on the Boneyard before and will continue to in the future. The difference for me is that some people post these articles and say, "See! I told you so! It's gonna happen! (or it's NOT gonna happen!)"

I just wish people would be honest with themselves and others about the fact that everything is speculation until a paper is signed, and we should approach it as such...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In a situation, where true intentions can't be known and facts can change in time it takes the B12 commissioner to phone up the Chancellor of FSU and say, "You in," why do we care what some third party such as the NC St Chancellor says?

Short of an official , 'Back up the moving vans' press conference, there are exactly two things to watch, the resolution of the playoff agreement and the calendar.

Any announcement will be made prior to the start of the Fall term as to avoid an extra season in or reduce settlement to the old conference.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1