NC State beats Louisville for ACC Title | The Boneyard

NC State beats Louisville for ACC Title

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Good for them. They should be a #1 seed. BTW, Dana Evans had a terrible game: 7-21, 0 assists, 3 turnovers, 3 rebounds. I wonder if this may have an impact on NPOY voting.
Have seen Louisville a number of times, not overly impressed, jmo.

Reaction Score
Good for them. They should be a #1 seed. BTW, Dana Evans had a terrible game: 7-21, 0 assists, 3 turnovers, 3 rebounds. I wonder if this may have an impact on NPOY voting.
It shouldn’t matter, but voters haven't voted yet (regular season ends tomorrow), so it could be a minor influence. I actually don’t think it will hurt, but if she had a huge clutch performance down the stretch, it would have probably helped - just in the sense of reinforcing the conventional wisdom that Evans has been clutch this year. So it was more of a missed opportunity for a positive than a negative.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I told Tonyc back in late January that North Carolina State was the team to watch. My sleepers for the NCAA Tournament assuming anyone beats UConn and I hope they don't...is NCS and GA.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Kudos to N.C. State on their Victory and 2nd straight ACC Title.
Evans absolutely stagnated her POY candidacy today with only 15 points, 7-21 shooting, 1-8 3 Pts shots, 0 assists, 3 turnovers including a crucial turnover with under a minute to go. So not so much Ms. Clutch and zero ACCT titles since Asia left.

Reaction Score
It shouldn’t matter, but voters haven't voted yet (regular season ends tomorrow), so it could be a minor influence. I actually don’t think it will hurt, but if she had a huge clutch performance down the stretch, it would have probably helped - just in the sense of reinforcing the conventional wisdom that Evans has been clutch this year. So it was more of a missed opportunity for a positive than a negative.
Evans was 14-47 (slightly below 30%) for the ACC Tournament. That's pretty poor, especially as she didnt do other things to help her team win. I mean, if people are harping on Paige for a slipping FG % the last few games, you cant have a double standard.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Evans was 14-47 (slightly below 30%) for the ACC Tournament. That's pretty poor, especially as she didnt do other things to help her team win. I mean, if people are harping on Paige for a slipping FG % the last few games, you cant have a double standard.

12 PPG, 3-18 from three, 14-47 overall, 10 assists, 8 TO, 8 rebounds

She's had an excellent year but part of the glow on her is from her reputation the media gives her for being clutch. That was a really poor tourney, however.

Reaction Score
I watched part of the game between the two. First time seeing North Carolina. They are big with some good smaller players. What I noticed that Carolina 'Bigs', were not too efficient in rebounding & the team's play, as a whole appeared not to be co-ordinated. Yes, I am aware that they have won a number of tough games!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom