NC State 24 points. And they're ranked. | The Boneyard

NC State 24 points. And they're ranked.

Reaction Score
In front of their fans at that, or perhaps the place was empty (after halftime).

Reaction Score
I watched part of the 2nd half it was dreadful basketball. Big guy on NC State hit a 3 on their first possession of the 2nd half and they only scored 7 more points from there on. Some of these ACC teams are overrated in my opinion. Duke and Virginia are solid, although I hate Virginia’s style of play. It leads to too many low scoring close games. Outside of those 2 teams there’s a lot of very overrated teams in that league. Should be a fun NCAA tournament this year because there aren’t really any dominant teams.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to fully appreciate the ineptitude of State today. It was their fewest points in a loss since the ‘40s. They had one field goal the last 18 minutes of the game. VPI was missing their all-ACC point guard. State set the ACC mark (going back 60+ years) for lowest field goal percentage in a game.

The mind reels from how awful they were. I didn’t watch the game and actually thought my ESPN app was malfunctioning and not updating the score. I plan to have fun with State coworkers this week, doubly so since it’s time for their annual loss in Chapel Hill on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
One of the funnier asides. State was honoring David Thompson today, who is basically the Jordan of Wolfpack basketball. Except they plastered up a picture of the wrong guy. It was all downhill from there.

Reaction Score
I saw a score with just over 10 minutes left on the bottom of a game I was watching and it said 41-20. I just figured it was an error and I’d check it later. Unbelievable these teams slugged it out the last 10 plus minutes with VTech winning that portion 6-4. Dreadful basketball.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And people rip the women’s game. If you watch the women they’re extremely sound in the fundamentals and they can at least shoot the ball.

Reaction Score
And people rip the women’s game. If you watch the women they’re extremely sound in the fundamentals and they can at least shoot the ball.

This years womens team isn't all that fundamental nor do they shoot it all that good, scoring is a problem and it will be worst next year and for a while. The are hard to watch good news is there just aren't a lot of good teams still.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Speaking of low production in the ACC yesterday, Juwan Durham & Steve Enoch totaled 0 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 fouls.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I have seen more upsets this year of the top 25 than ever.

Reaction Score
To add to State’s misery, their undefeated women’s team just lost to UNC.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sometime teams have bad days - this was a particularly bad and downright UGLY
To those who feel that the Wolfpack is overrated/not good - you haven't watched a whole lot of basketball - I just can't believe they did it on their home court
Virginia may be hard to watch but UConn would love to have their players
Yeah some ACC teams are a bit overrated due to conference affiliation but it will all sort out by the end of the season. I see Duke losing in the second round vs a seasoned team of seniors and juniors.
North Carolina could be the dark horse this year (It kills me to say that)

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
At 9:05 into the game, it was 5-4. Meaning there was less than a point a minute being scored total. That's absurd. Makes our Butler championship look like an offensive bonanza.

+1
Laughed hard at this. That game was a dogfight and anyone that wasn’t watching their team was miserable.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of that 46-40 uconn/Nova slugfest from years ago. I know in 1999 Wisconsin got upset in march by the score of 43-32, almost as ugly.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom