NC repeals HB2 (sort of) | The Boneyard

NC repeals HB2 (sort of)

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Link

The NCAA set a deadline of today for submission of bids for hosting of championships through 2022... It remains to be seen if the NCAA will accept the new HB142 as cleansing NC of the stain of the so-called bathroom bill...

Reaction Score
It's amazing how many media outlets reported this story as "North Carolina Repeals Bathroom Bill". The North Carolina legislature is clearly trying to con the NCAA...problem is, it's the NCAA, where money is king and college athletics (and athletes) are a secondary concern.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how many media outlets reported this story as "North Carolina Repeals Bathroom Bill". The North Carolina legislature is clearly trying to con the NCAA...problem is, it's the NCAA, where money is king and college athletics (and athletes) are a secondary concern.
I don't see why NC doesn't just make some payments to the NCAA to make this all go away.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm still not spending any money in NC until it is totally and completely repealed and I hope the NCAA follows suit.

Kinda like me not spending any money in SC until that confederate flag came down. You SC Gamecock fans should be happy that NC had the law that made the NCAA pull out. Put money into the Greenville coffers.... and helped you guys advance to the sweet 16

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Kinda like me not spending any money in SC until that confederate flag came down. You SC Gamecock fans should be happy that NC had the law that made the NCAA pull out. Put money into the Greenville coffers.... and helped you guys advance to the sweet 16
Trust me, I attended many protests to take down that Confederate Flag. I've spent many conflicted years - move back up north or stay and fight things like that.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Wore my Zags shirt Sunday morning in Myrtle Beach... Will wear it again tonight and tomorrow in the Sandhills... #GoZags...

CTyankee

Reaction Score

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Well... Today the NY Times reported that the NCAA has lifted the ban on post season tournaments for North Carolina... How characteristic, giving another pass to North Carolina... Will they ever finish the investigation of UNC??? Will they ever get their hands slapped???

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/...breaking-news&nlid=26646422&ref=headline&_r=0

It's going to be a tough decision if one of our basketball teams is placed in a NC regional because I'm not spending any money there. I guess I could stay just south of the line in SC and travel to the site every day and only buy the tickets. I'm a pretty stubborn guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom