NBT: And you thought we were only good at basketball. | The Boneyard

NBT: And you thought we were only good at basketball.

Reaction Score
Materials of this weight/strength I imagine would do well in the aero and space industry. Less load means less fuel to burn. Not sure how much lighter it is than the current raw materials but it’s still very cool and innovative!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Materials of this weight/strength I imagine would do well in the aero and space industry. Less load means less fuel to burn. Not sure how much lighter it is than the current raw materials but it’s still very cool and innovative!
Give me some good properties to temperature and pressure exposure and I’d agree. But it’s a good start here.

Reaction Score
All depends...that article is not very informative - saying a material is "strong" tells you next to nothing about it...strong in tension? compression? high modulus? fatigue str? etc.

Still very cool as these materials always end up in some very high end applications (they're stupid expensive and almost always unable to be manufactured at scale) - and great visibility for the university.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I have had the opportunity to tour the UConn advanced technology labs for work a few times and they are doing some very cool things up there. Many of which are for the government/military.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom