NBS Sports Season Preview: #16 UConn Huskies | The Boneyard

NBS Sports Season Preview: #16 UConn Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So these writers get paid for this bs analysis? This is just nonsense compared to that thorough PDF preview from the betting guy. Niether Memphis or villes front courts are even that good. Daniels is taller than any of them, and a match up nightmare

Reaction Score
In the same article, this guys says that Uconn could win 25 games and is the 16th best team in the country....but also it's tough to see them making a push for the conference title. How does that make any sense?

Reaction Score
So these writers get paid for this bs analysis? This is just nonsense compared to that thorough PDF preview from the betting guy. Niether Memphis or villes front courts are even that good. Daniels is taller than any of them, and a match up nightmare

Behanan & Harrell are studs, but I'm not exactly cowering in fear of Memphis's frontcourt tho. They've got a lot of young guys to go with Goodwin, who's only a soph himself and even dating back to his HS days has always been impressive in appearance than actual production on the court(ala Tarik Black).

Reaction Score
Behanan & Harrell are studs, but I'm not exactly cowering in fear of Memphis's frontcourt tho. They've got a lot of young guys to go with Goodwin, who's only a soph himself and even dating back to his HS days has always been impressive in appearance than actual productionon the court(ala Tarik Black).
yeap Harrell is a stud. behanon is a bully downlow, but I really think if our lengthy 4+ 5 improved physicality, they'll have problems scoring over us. Gorgi was a different animal, as he was 6'11 and long. Daniels will avg a dub on Memphis

Reaction Score
I'd also like to know why people are enamored with MSU. Not because of our win in Germany, those were unique circumstances, but they lost their bull Nix. Appling has been wildly overrated for quite some time also, just look at his %'s and assists. Gary Harris is pretty talented , but I still don't see it.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
In the same article, this guys says that Uconn could win 25 games and is the 16th best team in the country....but also it's tough to see them making a push for the conference title. How does that make any sense?

Actually I thought he qualified that pretty well. He said that UConn's main advantage over 99% of college basketball unfortunately wont be against the other two teams in the conference most likely to win it. Losing that advantage, and being disadvantaged in the frontcourt, means its very likely we finish say 2nd or 3rd in the AAC and still be a top 20 team.

He's saying that we are a terrifying matchup for a lot of teams, just not Louisville and Memphis unfortunately. Which I agree with, however, I do think he like most, is underselling Deandre Daniels. He, like most, isn't aware of Niels' improvement over the summer in Europe and what it will mean for us to have him on the court more if he can be a 3 point weapon on one end of the floor and a banger on the other. I don't know if Skinny would be the one word I would use to describe Phil Nolan.

This is kind of the formula that the layperson is using to size up uconn: 20-10 team brings back same team with same strenghts and same weakeness. Therefore they are probably a modest improvement on last year which lands them in the high teens low 20s.

What we know is that it really wasnt a 20-10 team last year, it was really a 22-8 team that showed its lack of depth down the stretch with injury. Daniels last 7 games Upside + Giffey euro league Upside + Omar Health Upside + Phil Nolan Sophmore Leap upside + Ryan Boatright Junior Leap upside on a 22-8 team and I'll take us over 26.5 wins and put us around 10-12, 3 seed. Send us out West.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Rebounding and post defense. It's all we need to worry about.

Reaction Score
Rebounding and post defense. It's all we need to worry about.
No turnovers from boat. he needs to focus on efficiency , which I believe he will

Reaction Score
OkaP, I agree with your summary. It's a fair write up for someone who does not follow UCONN closely. We had trouble rebounding last year and have the same players back. We believe that we will be better. However we still need to prove it. JC stated at the breakfast review that UCONN will be VG if they can improve their rebounding. Jury still out on that.

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it but this guy didn't even mention Giffey.
No one in the entire country has a player with his skills, experience, and attitude.
Giffey takes this team from good to special

caw

Reaction Score
I am hopeful that UConns backcourt depth allows Napier and Boatright to go full bore while they are in. I'm not saying they slacke off, but it think one could see they paced themselves at points. Samuel and Kromah could be huge keys. Loved Evans, but he was a very limited player. Even if Kromah is only a taller version, it's an upgrade. Heck even just two Evans' (if that's all Samuel is, is an amazing upgrade. As for the front court, having Facey in the rotation is key.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am hopeful that UConns backcourt depth allows Napier and Boatright to go full bore while they are in. I'm not saying they slacke off, but it think one could see they paced themselves at points. Samuel and Kromah could be huge keys. Loved Evans, but he was a very limited player. Even if Kromah is only a taller version, it's an upgrade. Heck even just two Evans' (if that's all Samuel is, is an amazing upgrade. As for the front court, having Facey in the rotation is key.
Things went down hill when RJ separated his shoulder! He was out several games, RB had a bad knee and the guards bodies went down hill by the end of the season!

Reaction Score
Does it occur to these analysts that Memphis too struggles in the front court and that Uconn is the 1% of NCAA teams that can match up to its backcourt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom