NBC moving EPL to pay to stream | The Boneyard

NBC moving EPL to pay to stream

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Did you mean this for the CR board?

Anyway, this really sucks and I have a feeling it'll continue NBC's viewer ratings. For being a fan of a club that's not a Big name, this means there will be less games for me to watch. It sucks. I loved being able to stream the Swansea game on my iPad while my kids watched their crap on TV. So much for that. I won't be dropping $50 to watch them, that's for sure.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did you mean this for the CR board?

Anyway, this really sucks and I have a feeling it'll continue NBC's viewer ratings. For being a fan of a club that's not a Big name, this means there will be less games for me to watch. It sucks. I loved being able to stream the Swansea game on my iPad while my kids watched their crap on TV. So much for that. I won't be dropping $50 to watch them, that's for sure.

I did - the CR board is pretty much a future of TV board.

I'll probably pay the $50 because WBA will be on it 20+ times.

Reaction Score
This legitimately aggrieved me.

That they would both screw over their cable subscribing customers (not exactly the sturdiest customer base in the world, mind you), and then chop their service up into 2 separate services that are worse than the original is completely galling to me.

Do you want your streams pirated? Because that's how you get your streams pirated.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd rather not pay but it's only $50. for the best product on TV.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This legitimately aggrieved me.

That they would both screw over their cable subscribing customers (not exactly the sturdiest customer base in the world, mind you), and then chop their service up into 2 separate services that are worse than the original is completely galling to me.

Do you want your streams pirated? Because that's how you get your streams pirated.

Sports fans rooting against the cable bundle has been facinating to watch. It's suicide from their standpoint they have gotten the greatest benefit from the product.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Makes sense - make the soccer fans essentially pay the BBC license, since they're such fans of stupid wannabe cosplay.

I kid, maybe a little...

Reaction Score
Makes sense - make the soccer fans essentially pay the BBC license, since they're such fans of stupid wannabe cosplay.

I kid, maybe a little...

Pretty sure some soccer hipster made pepband a cuckold. That's the only explanation.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What does this mean? They won't be showing 4-5 other matches on the other channels on Sat morning?

That and you cant stream them for free.

Reaction Score
That and you cant stream them for free.

No -- they will still be showing the same game on actual over the air and cable channels that they've only shown. The difference will be that the games not shown on cable or over the air TV will now only be available via pay internet service, while they used to be available over the internet for free.

If you're a fan of one of the Big 6, it won't matter a lot. Each team has to be on the pay service at least 3 times, but most of the Big 6 won't be on it much more than that. If you're a fan of anyone else, it's almost certainly worth the $50.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No -- they will still be showing the same game on actual over the air and cable channels that they've only shown. The difference will be that the games not shown on cable or over the air TV will now only be available via pay internet service, while they used to be available over the internet for free.

If you're a fan of one of the Big 6, it won't matter a lot. Each team has to be on the pay service at least 3 times, but most of the Big 6 won't be on it much more than that. If you're a fan of anyone else, it's almost certainly worth the $50.

Some systems (Comcast) have the extra time games on extra TV stations. I get them as part of 'on-demand'.

I assumed he was talking about those since he was the one who pointed out to me a while back to look for them. It's pretty clear NBCSN/NBC/USA/CNBC schedules aren't changing.

In short many Comcast customers got all the games on TV, we didn't need to stream the extra time games so it's a double change for us.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Some systems (Comcast) have the extra time games on extra TV stations. I get them as part of 'on-demand'.

I assumed he was talking about those since he was the one who pointed out to me a while back to look for them. It's pretty clear NBCSN/NBC/USA/CNBC schedules aren't changing.

In short many Comcast customers got all the games on TV, we didn't need to stream the extra time games so it's a double change for us.
This was the same for me on Cox. Had the extra channels at the end of my cable channels to watch all the games. While I know Swansea won't be on tv that much anymore, I cant see myself shelling out an extra $50 when I already pay for my cable. It sucks but it could be worse, your club could have been relegated. There are little to no streaming options for Championship league games

Reaction Score
Since they were the big guns back in the day...and Ryan Giggs was sort of the Beckham of his day, I have been a Man U fan for a long while...

But my son and I watch Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Newcastle (a former coach was a former player)..

We cheer anyone who is an opponent of Chelsea. The Welsh, we haven't seen that much of.

Reaction Score
This was the same for me on Cox. Had the extra channels at the end of my cable channels to watch all the games. While I know Swansea won't be on tv that much anymore, I cant see myself shelling out an extra $50 when I already pay for my cable. It sucks but it could be worse, your club could have been relegated. There are little to no streaming options for Championship league games

There is the Fox Soccer App. It's like 10-20 bucks a month. Worth it if you can get away with it at work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom