NBA U again! | The Boneyard

NBA U again!

Reaction Score
Aside from the absolutely amazing success this coaching staff has had on the basketball court I would also like to thank Hurley and UConn for starting to become “NBA University” again. I am extremely excited to be back in the prime Calhoun days where we consistently put players in the league every year.
I really stopped watching the NBA when we went years without having any players drafted but now I am interested again and have even been following the summer league box scores this year. Just another reason why we are Basketball Capital of the World.

Reaction Score
Hurley took over the season before the 2019 draft. Since then -
2021: James Bouknight (drafted #14)
2022: Tyrese Martin (#51)
2023: Jordan Hawkins (#14), Andre Jackson (#36)
2024: Stephon Castle (#4), Donovan Clingan (#7), Tristen Newton (#49), Cam Spencer (#53)

The trend is there. Next step for these guys is to represent UConn well in the league!

awy

Reaction Score
it's also notable that under Hurley he's getting guys drafted above the expected outcome for their recruit rankings. The one 5 star in castle still had tremendous growth on the defense side and got drafted ahead of where he was being projected before the season, which is around late lottery.

just taking a look at this list, most of the top recruits who went to other schools seriously fell off, largely because of the presence of older players in the college game giving them a tough time. so despite the tougher than expected competition the uconn players still flourished.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom