OT - NBA trade rumor - J. Lamb to Charlotte | The Boneyard

OT - NBA trade rumor - J. Lamb to Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Was just about to post this....thunder would be scary with a healthy brook but seeing lamb and kemba on the court together! Do it!!!

caw

Reaction Score
Jack would be a huge upgrade as a backup PG, huge. Lamb would still have a major fight for PT but only because there are two other SGs on the roster in set rotations (not that either is especially good). Any scenario where you see less Gary Neal is a plus for the Hornets.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Jack would be a huge upgrade as a backup PG, huge. Lamb would still have a major fight for PT but only because there are two other SGs on the roster in set rotations (not that either is especially good). Any scenario where you see less Gary Neal is a plus for the Hornets.
Jack and Kemba should see a lot of court time together.

Reaction Score
Change of scenery & reunited with Kemba is good for Jeremy. But big news is Lopez I think makes OKC west favorites.

caw

Reaction Score
Change of scenery & reunited with Kemba is good for Jeremy. But big news is Lopez I think makes OKC west favorites.

Dunno, watching them something seems very off with team chemistry this year.

Reaction Score
Dunno, watching them something seems very off with team chemistry this year.
Agree although I haven' seen them that much and obviously Westbrook & Durant have been in & out due to injuries. Generally though they feel like a lot of individual great players lacking cohesion. Perk was a leader and kind of an emotional center (or toughness, something) of the team when they first emerged. Now having Perk be both useless and sulking on the bench isn't good. I think management making a WIN NOW trade like this helps them a lot & maybe they can finally get over trading Harden.

Reaction Score
Last I checked, OKC still has Scott Brooks. Fire him, then they might be for real.

Reaction Score

If Lopez can stay healthy for more than a month, maybe it will help.

Reaction Score
Is there a NBA team in the Northeast that is not having a fire sale - Celtics, Knicks, Nets? Fans in both cities are used to competing for championships, not the #1 slot in the draft.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt it tcf, but:

IK0pB.png

Reaction Score
Stephenson, a poor fit since signing in Charlotte this past summer, would join the Nets, while Brooklyn center Brook Lopez would be moved to Oklahoma City, sources said. Charlotte would receive Jarrett Jack from Brooklyn and Jeremy Lamb and Grant Jerrett from Oklahoma City.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...a-city-thunder-talking-lance-stephenson-trade
This wouldn't work. OKC does not have the cap room to absorb the salary for Brook Lopez by only trading away ~3 million in salary. In addition, Jack has a trade exception where he cannot be traded in combination with another player before this year's trade deadline I believe. I made a scenario where this does work:
Charlotte gets: Lamb, Jerrett
Brooklyn gets: Perkins, Stephenson
OKC gets: Lopez

Good deal for Charlotte trading Stephenson for what would seem to be his peak value at this time. Brooklyn needs cap relief, especially since our Russian friend is looking to sell. They would look much more attractive with Perkins, KG, Teletovic, and Jordan expiring this offseason (26 million off the books), and after 2016 they would have an additional 34.5 million come off the books, if they choose to use the ETO in Stephenson's contract. OKC would do this because its about damn time they make a move to win a championship.

Reaction Score
egh. Looks like billy king pulling his first smart move of all time avoiding lance. Lamb playing for the nets makes me sad, thats the one nba team i avoid watching games of. this sucks, literally went from hornets to a tanking team thats unwatchable

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
egh. Looks like billy king pulling his first smart move of all time avoiding lance. Lamb playing for the nets makes me sad, thats the one nba team i avoid watching games of. this sucks, literally went from hornets to a tanking team thats unwatchable
Go nets! As a Nets fan I love this, but I'll miss Lopez....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom