OT- NBA Trade Deadline 2019 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA Trade Deadline 2019

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Kemba getting help?

Reaction Score
I like Gasol but he's old and making 24 mil. this year and 25 mil. next year. Not really sure how this is good.

The goal of the franchise realistically is to make the playoffs. Unfortunately they are screwed now and will be screwed for years when they max out Kemba so they might as well get the 7th seed the next 2 years. Gasol kinda has to take the player option with the way he has been playing, right?

Reaction Score
I think the Raptors are going to make the surprise trade for AD. Demps is going to be fired before he could make the trade to the Celtics this summer.

Reaction Score
I like Gasol but he's old and making 24 mil. this year and 25 mil. next year. Not really sure how this is good.
I would imagine this includes Batum and a draft pick. Gasol has 2 years remaining, I think Batum has 3.

Reaction Score
Simmons-Redick-Butler-Harris-Embiid is an insane lineup. Harris’ cap hold is really small, too, so they’ll be able to sign someone like Kemba (who would be a great fit for that team) as a free agent.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Simmons-Redick-Butler-Harris-Embiid is an insane lineup. Harris’ cap hold is really small, too, so they’ll be able to sign someone like Kemba (who would be a great fit for that team) as a free agent.
Doubt Kemba would want to go there. Simmons and Embiid are too ball dominate.

Reaction Score

Looks like his cap hold is ~22 mil, but they have so many FAs they can renounce I guess they can slide under the cap. That's pretty insane.

Reaction Score
Big day for the NBA Trade Deadline thread. I think we see Conley to Indiana and Gasol to Charlotte. Probably a bunch of other salary dumping or asset building trades that go under-the-radar.

Reaction Score
Big day for the NBA Trade Deadline thread. I think we see Conley to Indiana and Gasol to Charlotte. Probably a bunch of other salary dumping or asset building trades that go under-the-radar.

Welp

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Raptors, Bucks, and Sixers all got a bit better.

Didn't see it posted above, but Fultz was traded by Philly. That sure was a wasted pick.

Reaction Score
LeBron James vs Tom Brady will be a case study on how athletes should conduct themselves.

At the end of the day, Lebron's legacy is tainted. :rolleyes: His own friends seem to be tired of his self promotion.

Reaction Score
Damn, Charlotte whiffed on Gasol. Kemba should leave this summer. That front office has failed him.

Reaction Score
Sources: Lakers' hopes fading for Davis trade

The Lakers last offer is insane. I don't think the Pelicans are going to do better than this for AD.

Porter for Portis and Parker is a pretty big deal from a talent perspective, but is kind of a throwaway story tonight.
The Lakers had all of those guys this year and last and minus LeBron it doesn't even make you a playoff team - whereas AD made the Pels a playoff team last year with just JHoliday, AgedRondo & Miritic beside him in terms of above average players. Since Rondo is on the Lakers you can see directly whatever team the 4 Lakers are on can't make the playoffs, whereas whatever team AD is on can (they are .500 or better with him, 3-10 or so without).

In this case it is a lot like fantasy, you cannot trade a super-duper-star for even 4 really good guys. You need the star. Also the draft picks the Lakers have are only their own, so obviously once you trade AD to that team the 1st rounders all become #20+ which isn't that valuable.

If I'm the Pels I try to trade AD for Zion. Otherwise the only other guys in the league worth AD are Harden, Giannis, Durant, Curry, Embid, Kawhi and maybe Paul George. I suppose there are some great combos like Doncic & Porzingis or Jokic & Murray that would be worth considering, but those aren't walking thru the Bayou.

Now that the trade deadline is over AD's camp has to reconsider strategy. This is either shaping up to go one of four ways:
1. Carmelo to Knicks way - whatever team acquires him gives up too much and he's right back where he started team-wise, but hopefully in a much better market.
2. Dwight Howard - AD ruins his name and rep by being a p-rick about what teams he'll sign with and be traded too and by the time it happens no one cares and the time spent sulking distracts from his craft in a way that never gets fixed
3. Chris Paul- Orchestrate a trade to where AD wants to go and with some key pieces, but its still never quite enough on total roster and future assets to build into something better than the day OF the trade.

4. Durant: What AD really should do is just stfu and play out the string in NO and go to free agency. Then he can go to a super team or city of his own liking if that's what he really wants, deal with being hated, become bitter, but still earn a lot of money & hopefully win if he chooses wisely. It is frankly stupid to demand to be traded only to certain places cuz it screws over both your current and future teams.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Lakers had all of those guys this year and last and minus LeBron it doesn't even make you a playoff team - whereas AD made the Pels a playoff team last year with just JHoliday, AgedRondo & Miritic beside him in terms of above average players. Since Rondo is on the Lakers you can see directly whatever team the 4 Lakers are on can't make the playoffs, whereas whatever team AD is on can (they are .500 or better with him, 3-10 or so without).

In this case it is a lot like fantasy, you cannot trade a super-duper-star for even 4 really good guys. You need the star. Also the draft picks the Lakers have are only their own, so obviously once you trade AD to that team the 1st rounders all become #20+ which isn't that valuable.

If I'm the Pels I try to trade AD for Zion. Otherwise the only other guys in the league worth AD are Harden, Giannis, Durant, Curry, Embid, Kawhi and maybe Paul George. I suppose there are some great combos like Doncic & Porzingis or Jokic & Murray that would be worth considering, but those aren't walking thru the Bayou.

Now that the trade deadline is over AD's camp has to reconsider strategy. This is either shaping up to go one of four ways:
1. Carmelo to Knicks way - whatever team acquires him gives up too much and he's right back where he started team-wise, but hopefully in a much better market.
2. Dwight Howard - AD ruins his name and rep by being a p-rick about what teams he'll sign with and be traded too and by the time it happens no one cares and the time spent sulking distracts from his craft in a way that never gets fixed
3. Chris Paul- Orchestrate a trade to where AD wants to go and with some key pieces, but its still never quite enough on total roster and future assets to build into something better than the day OF the trade.

4. Durant: What AD really should do is just and play out the string in NO and go to free agency. Then he can go to a super team or city of his own liking if that's what he really wants, deal with being hated, become bitter, but still earn a lot of money & hopefully win if he chooses wisely. It is frankly stupid to demand to be traded only to certain places cuz it screws over both your current and future teams.

The Lakers won 35 games last year in a very tough West despite basically playing Lopez modest minutes and starting two rookies the second half of the season. The Lakers future was bright, then they let Randle and Lopez walk out the door, and brought in a bunch of head cases that no one else wants. If Magic had kept the team he had and brought in Lebron, they would have won 50-55 games this season.

Is Zion the next "greatest player in the history of basketball"? There seems to be 2-3 of these in every class.

Reaction Score
The Lakers won 35 games last year in a very tough West despite basically playing Lopez modest minutes and starting two rookies the second half of the season. The Lakers future was bright, then they let Randle and Lopez walk out the door, and brought in a bunch of head cases that no one else wants. If Magic had kept the team he had and brought in Lebron, they would have won 50-55 games this season.

Is Zion the next "greatest player in the history of basketball"? There seems to be 2-3 of these in every class.
Yes, I don't understand why people don't reconcile LeBron's terrible history as 'GM' - his shortsighted demands ultimately sabotaged 3 rosters and counting. Only upside is the first time he killed Cleveland's roster so thoroughly that it resulted in the #1 lottery picks.

Zion is can't miss along the lines of AD, LeBron himself, KD, Duncan & others that were consensus #1s. I'm not into anointing youngsters before they've won a damn thing, but in the words of Ernie Capadino; "I know the goods when I see the goods, and she's [he's] the goods"!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom