OT- NBA Trade Deadline 2019 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA Trade Deadline 2019

Reaction Score
The Knicks just improved the current team. They traded away a young superstar to chase two max dudes (who will never, ever, ever come here) and reduced their chances at getting Zion.

Fire the franchise directly into the center of the sun.
Agree with the rest but they haven't ruined the tank. DJ and Matthews are bad and won't be on the team in a month

Reaction Score
So... now being reported as two future 1st round picks, DSJ, cap space, plus KP taking the qualifying offer.

Makes a biiiit more sense.

Reaction Score
What in the hell is Porzingis doing? I'll believe he signs the QO when I see it. Heard on NBA TV he'll be the first player in NBA history to turn down a rookie max extension. He's 7'3" coming off a torn ACL and he's going to turn down $158m guaranteed? Good grief, man. Sign the extension tonight and spend the next five years in Dallas.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What in the hell is Porzingis doing? I'll believe he signs the QO when I see it. Heard on NBA TV he'll be the first player in NBA history to turn down a rookie max extension. He's 7'3" coming off a torn ACL and he's going to turn down $158m guaranteed? Good grief, man. Sign the extension tonight and spend the next five years in Dallas.

I thought Drummond did?

Reaction Score
he wants to play in latvia

Reaction Score
Did this dude not see what happened to Nerlens Noel and Isaiah Thomas?

Reaction Score
Ah, it was the extension. I knew they didn’t do an extension at some point for cap reasons.

Yep, and that was the Knicks plan since the summer. Supposedly they'd discussed it with Porzingis in the fall and everything was cool. Nice trick to maximize cap space for UFAs.

Reaction Score
I thought Drummond did?
Ah, it was the extension. I knew they didn’t do an extension at some point for cap reasons.

Drummond didn't sign the extension, but then agreed to the identical contract instead of signing the qualifying offer or signing an offer sheet from another team. A lot of rookies now delay signing the extension so it doesn't clog up the team's cap (they can sign later to go over the cap after the team uses their cap space to sign someone from another team).

Did this dude not see what happened to Nerlens Noel and Isaiah Thomas?

Signing the QO (4.5 million) is legit bonkers. Sure you can hit UFA, but you're losing ~20 million in the year you're on the QO to then basically sign an identical contract, of course with the team of your choice.

It's basically trading $20 million and total lifetime financial stability for your choice of team and incredible risk. He could lose $120+ million if his injury re-occurs (which with ACLs is quite likely).

Reaction Score
Glad to finally get those details. All in all, this might not be a terrible trade for the Knicks. It could also massively blow up in Dallas's face.
And a little more detail now. It'll be 2021 as long as Dallas doesn't end up top 5 this year.

In that case, Dallas keeps their 2019 pick, Atlanta gets the 2020 1st and the Knicks would get the 2022 1st (and push the next pick to 2024)

Reaction Score
Signing the QO (4.5 million) is legit bonkers. Sure you can hit UFA, but you're losing ~20 million in the year you're on the QO to then basically sign an identical contract, of course with the team of your choice.

It's basically trading $20 million and total lifetime financial stability for your choice of team and incredible risk. He could lose $120+ million if his injury re-occurs (which with ACLs is quite likely).

It is absolutely mind-boggling. He can play for one of the most stable/professional franchises in the sport with his buddy Luka for the next five years. What on earth does he want? Is he gonna sign with GSW in summer '20?!

Reaction Score
Forget Kemba ever coming here.

Why? New York is home and Charlotte is a crummy franchise.

This could be a great move by the Knicks if they can lure in two All Stars. Love KP but the guy misses a ton of games.

Reaction Score

This could be a great move by the Knicks if they can lure in two All Stars. Love KP but the guy misses a ton of games.

Tough to call Charlotte a crummy franchise in a thread about the Knicks.

He's been pretty vocal about wanting to stay down there. Whether it's BS who knows, but Jordan wants to re-sign him.

Reaction Score
As much as I love Kemba for what he did for UConn, I want absolutely no part of giving a 29-year-old Kemba 5/$190m. Not to mention that gets ratcheted all the way up to $221m if he makes an All-NBA team this year. The Knicks really need to avoid that temptation.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

The Knicks most likely weren't luring any All Stars before this, and they certainly aren't now.

Reaction Score
As much as I love Kemba for what he did for UConn, I want absolutely no part of giving a 29-year-old Kemba 5/$190m. Not to mention that gets ratcheted all the way up to $221m if he makes an All-NBA team this year. The Knicks really need to avoid that temptation.
Agreed but knowing the Knicks they'll go after him.

Reaction Score
I'm still a fan too but I kind of stopped letting the idiocy bother me. The thing is they are gonna have a ton of cap space and a guaranteed top 3 pick (possibly Zion) and another first rounder from this deal. For any other team I would be talking about the possibility of Durant, Anthony Davis. Zion etc. Dolan has burned me so many times before that I no longer think they're even capable of doing anything that isn't disastrous. I'm with you, I love KP.
Can they trade picks for a st drafting a new owner next year with a GM in 21’?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom