OT- NBA playoffs Lillard | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA playoffs Lillard

Reaction Score
It’s more the defense they are switching and collapsing. He has no other choice they can’t fight over the screen or over hedge because that’s wide open 3 talk
He's actually playing the best I've ever seen him but for years I've been wondering why Looney is even on the team. The Warriors bench sucks. They don't have anyone who can drive and outside of Curry, Klay, and Durant they don't have another shooter. They are totally beatable, especially with the way Curry and Klay are playing.

Reaction Score
It’s more the defense they are switching and collapsing. He has no other choice they can’t fight over the screen or over hedge because that’s wide open 3 talk
They switch every time and get burned every time. Do something different or get Looney off the court.

Reaction Score
He's actually playing the best I've ever seen him but for years I've been wondering why Looney is even on the team. The Warriors bench sucks. They don't have anyone who can drive and outside of Curry, Klay, and Durant they don't have another shooter. They are totally beatable, especially with the way Curry and Klay are playing.

Looney is actually very good at switching onto guards for a big. Harden will cook anyone but I have memories of Looney stymieing CP in the crunch last playoffs seared in my memory. The bench does suck now. It is just the KD show. Can't wait for him to leave again.

Reaction Score
Looney is actually very good at switching onto guards for a big. Harden will cook anyone but I have memories of Looney stymieing CP in the crunch last playoffs seared in my memory. The bench does suck now. It is just the KD show. Can't wait for him to leave again.
But any good guard is gonna win against a big basically every time and Harden is a great guard. Warriors have the worst bench of any playoff team.

Reaction Score
But any good guard is gonna win against a big basically every time and Harden is a great guard. Warriors have the worst bench of any playoff team.

Yup and only going 8 deep now. Livingston fell off a cliff this season. The run sure seems to be over even if they win this season. I am excited to see Curry get the full reigns again for pure entertainment value. Don't get me wrong - they will be very good but the West is going to have a lot of high level parity next year.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The rockets don’t impress me at all the warriors have a dreadful shooting night and get 1 wide open and 1 contested 3 to send it to OT. If the warriors shots start to fall on an average clip they’d blow the rockets out.

Reaction Score
The rockets don’t impress me at all the warriors have a dreadful shooting night and get 1 wide open and 1 contested 3 to send it to OT. If the warriors shots start to fall on an average clip they’d blow the rockets out.

Sounds like Houston in game one. Missed a ton of shots yet still had the ball with a chance to tie at the end. These two teams and Milwaukee are the best teams in the league and then there is a noticeable drop to the next tier of teams in my opinion.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And have Rozier run the point?

Yes, together with picking up a 25 mpg veteran point like a George Hill. I think Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Smart and Horford would pick up their scoring and shooting % without Kyrie.

Edit: With 4:38 left in the 3rd, the Bucks were trailing 65-63 on the road and pulled Bledsoe, leaving Conaughton, Sterling Brown, Hill, Ilyasova and Brook Lopez on the court against the Celtics starters for the most part. The Bucks go on a 17-7 run to finish the 3rd, and start the 4th quarter with an 8 point lead and fresh Giannis, Middleton and Bledsoe. The game was over at that point, and short of a miracle, the series was over too.

If the Celtics wanted evidence that someone had to go from this team, it was that run, at home, in the third quarter of a must win game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kyrie needs to start Westbrooking with some "next questions." "I need to shoot more." "Who cares that I'm not shooting well." He is so gone. IDK if the majority of Celtics fans even care.

Reaction Score
Giannis is unreal. He's stepping it up in the playoffs. I once thought when Lebron came in the league it would be decades before another similar 'specimen' with extreme talent would be seen again.

I was wrong, Giannis is that Lebron type specimen. He is Durant with a room to grow. Kinda of player worth following his career.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Giannis is unreal. He's stepping it up in the playoffs. I once thought when Lebron came in the league it would be decades before another similar 'specimen' with extreme talent would be seen again.

I was wrong, Giannis is that Lebron type specimen. He is Durant with a room to grow. Kinda of player worth following his career.

If Giannis gets to a lebron level jumper, it'll be bad news for the rest of the league.

Reaction Score
Yes, together with picking up a 25 mpg veteran point like a George Hill. I think Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Smart and Horford would pick up their scoring and shooting % without Kyrie.

Edit: With 4:38 left in the 3rd, the Bucks were trailing 65-63 on the road and pulled Bledsoe, leaving Conaughton, Sterling Brown, Hill, Ilyasova and Brook Lopez on the court against the Celtics starters for the most part. The Bucks go on a 17-7 run to finish the 3rd, and start the 4th quarter with an 8 point lead and fresh Giannis, Middleton and Bledsoe. The game was over at that point, and short of a miracle, the series was over too.

If the Celtics wanted evidence that someone had to go from this team, it was that run, at home, in the third quarter of a must win game.
If that's their team going forward the Celts might as well blow it up and start over.

Reaction Score
If Giannis gets to a lebron level jumper, it'll be bad news for the rest of the league.

He's shooting 34% in the playoffs on 4 attempts per game. I would not be surprised if it happens. He just keeps getting better.

I'd like to see him get into the low 80s% for FTs too. His form is super wonky--he holds the ball too far in front of him instead of at his hip--but it's doable.

Reaction Score
What a horrible showing for the Celtics, the Bucks are playing like garbage and still doing whatever they want against the Celts. Should be an interesting offseason for the them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If that's their team going forward the Celts might as well blow it up and start over.

Still think Kyrie is the answer? I want the Bucks to win, but watching Kyrie's absolute selfishness is pissing me off as a basketball fan. The Bucks starters came off the court 4 minutes into the 4th quarter. Celtics didn't want to be there tonight, and it showed. The Celtics look like they can't stand each other. The Celtics' roster needs a shakeup, starting with a one way ticket out for Irving.

Hill and Lopez have been tremendous for the Bucks this season, and I don't think the Bucks can afford to keep either of them.

Reaction Score
Still think Kyrie is the answer? I want the Bucks to win, but watching Kyrie's absolute selfishness is pissing me off as a basketball fan. The Bucks starters came off the court 4 minutes into the 4th quarter. Celtics didn't want to be there tonight, and it showed. The Celtics look like they can't stand each other. The Celtics' roster needs a shakeup, starting with a one way ticket out for Irving.

Hill and Lopez have been tremendous for the Bucks this season, and I don't think the Bucks can afford to keep either of them.
Huh??? I've never thought Kyrie is the answer. Everyone knows he's gone.

Lopez was solid this season as a 6th option on offense but he was awful this series. Hill was a great pickup for them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wow Durant might've torn his achilles. That's awful.

That would suck. It could also lead to a Denver/Milwaukee Finals, which would cause NBA and network executives to blow their brains out. Two small market teams with two foreign born superstars, not exactly a ratings bonanza.

Reaction Score
That would suck. It could also lead to a Denver/Milwaukee Finals, which would cause NBA and network executives to blow their brains out. Two small market teams with two foreign born superstars, not exactly a ratings bonanza.

Early indications are calf strain.

These 1030 tip offs are so brutal. My body feels as if it's falling apart trying to stay up for every late night game and then last night I passed the hell out in the first quarter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom