OT- NBA playoffs Lillard | The Boneyard

OT- NBA playoffs Lillard

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Jokic is the playoff MVP and Denver will slaughter Portland next round, but Lillard is having a nice playoff run, too.

Reaction Score
Jokic is the playoff MVP and Denver will slaughter Portland next round, but Lillard is having a nice playoff run, too.
Yeah, umm no. Lillard's averaging 33/game with 4.4 rbs, 6 ass, and 2.4 steals (so much for no defense). Lillard is even averaging more blocks than Jokic, who couldn't guard a chair.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Yeah, umm no. Lillard's averaging 33/game with 4.4 rbs, 6 ass, and 2.4 steals (so much for no defense). Lillard is even averaging more blocks than Jokic, who couldn't guard a chair.

Jokic has played very good defense on Aldridge and Poetl all series, so that is totally wrong.

Reaction Score
I've never seen the guy play, but he's averaging 19.6 pts, 11.6 boards, 9 assists, with only 2 TOs per game, 48% FG%, 40% from 3, and 92% from the line. Those are very impressive numbers.

Lillard is shooting 46%, 48% from 3 (daaaam!!), 85% from the line, 4.4 TOs per game.

Lillard is clearly killing it on O. Probably will come down a bit. I have no horse in the race, but the big Serb is putting up some eye popping numbers. Will be interesting to see if our animated friend, above, is correct about Denver dominating Portland. I may tune in for a game or two . . . both of these guys are playing inspired basketball.

Regarding the Serb not being able to guard a chair. Meh. Harding can't guard a stool, and they're mentioning him for MVP.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've never seen the guy play, but he's averaging 19.6 pts, 11.6 boards, 9 assists, with only 2 TOs per game, 48% FG%, 40% from 3, and 92% from the line. Those are very impressive numbers.

Lillard is shooting 46%, 48% from 3 (daaaam!!), 85% from the line, 4.4 TOs per game.

Lillard is clearly killing it on O. Probably will come down a bit. I have no horse in the race, but the big Serb is putting up some eye popping numbers. Will be interesting to see if our animated friend, above, is correct about Denver dominating Portland. I may tune in for a game or two . . . both of these guys are playing inspired basketball.

Regarding the Serb not being able to guard a chair. Meh. Harding can't guard a stool, and they're mentioning him for MVP.

We shouldn’t confuse “can guard”, with “does guard”. Too many elite offensive players just mail it in on the defensive end. Hard to play full throttle at both ends.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Jokic is playing good ball on both ends and going head to head with an all-star that is also playing well at both ends. Fun matchup to watch.

Westbrook is a great defender when he wants to be, but defense is not something where you can take some plays off, and Westbrook takes a lot of plays off.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Jokic is a better player than Lillard. But Lillard just had himself a series, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
That was one of the shots where it's amazing if it goes in, but absolutely terrible if it misses. Got coaches and teammates saying "Nooooooooo...yeahhh!!" Props to Dame though. Still one of the most underrated players in the league.

Reaction Score
That was one of the shots where it's amazing if it goes in, but absolutely terrible if it misses. Got coaches and teammates saying "Nooooooooo...yeahhh!!" Props to Dame though. Still one of the most underrated players in the league.
Are you Paul George or his dad? Game was tied and Lillard was 9/17 from 3 at the time (7 of those 9 from well beyond the arc). He shot 48% from 3 in the series = that's the odds of the shot going in. At worst you could say that the shot had a 37% chance (Lillard's career 3pt %) to go in - which makes it non-terrible especially since the outcome from a miss is simply overtime. Lillard made a shot earlier in the game from about 2 feet away from the last shot, shoots very well from very deep overall, been in lots of playoff games and made his share of game winners in the past. Almost no jump shot from Lillard would have been a bad shot which is why he had the ball.

Reaction Score
Are we sure Russell Westbrook is good? (Bill Simmons voice)

Reaction Score
Jokic is awesome and maybe my favorite player in the league but Dame was nasty this series making Westbrook his son. It's a toss up between Dame and Curry as to who is the best point guard in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Are you Paul George or his dad? Game was tied and Lillard was 9/17 from 3 at the time (7 of those 9 from well beyond the arc). He shot 48% from 3 in the series = that's the odds of the shot going in. At worst you could say that the shot had a 37% chance (Lillard's career 3pt %) to go in - which makes it non-terrible especially since the outcome from a miss is simply overtime. Lillard made a shot earlier in the game from about 2 feet away from the last shot, shoots very well from very deep overall, been in lots of playoff games and made his share of game winners in the past. Almost no jump shot from Lillard would have been a bad shot which is why he had the ball.
A step back 38 footer with a hand in your face historically is not a good shot when it's tied. Go to the hoop to get a higher percentage look. But yeah I'm Paul George.

Reaction Score

he had been hitting a bunch of those shots though last night.

Reaction Score
Didnt westbrook average a triple double? I mean he is a good player, whether he makes anyone else better is debatable. Reminds me of Carmelo except that he passes the ball.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Jokic can be exposed in certain schemes, but then again so can Rudy Gobert and Joel Embiid. Even the very best bigs are vulnerable to teams that run a lot of off-ball action and aren't afraid to fillet them from the midrange.

Which is what has made Jokic's defense this postseason so damn impressive. I thought the Spurs – who are the best midrange team in the league – were going to kill Denver. Instead he's killed them.

Reaction Score
A step back 38 footer with a hand in your face historically is not a good shot when it's tied. Go to the hoop to get a higher percentage look. But yeah I'm Paul George.
I'm not saying I agree with the shot selection, but apparently Dame ends his summer workouts with shots from the logo and has to make a set number in a row or he has to start over. He wasn't just chucking up a 38 foot heave, it was a calculated step back that he was prepared for

Reaction Score
I'm not saying I agree with the shot selection, but apparently Dame ends his summer workouts with shots from the logo and has to make a set number in a row or he has to start over. He wasn't just chucking up a 38 foot heave, it was a calculated step back that he was prepared for

Historically he makes shots between 30-40 feet at about a 40% clip.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Historically he makes shots between 30-40 feet at about a 40% clip.
Also, they're good shots:

The number of 35-foot 3-point attempts in the NBA has just about doubled in the last two years. Bet we see that trend continue.

IMO, in the long run they're going to have to make 2s worth 3 and 3s worth 4, because as it is now, the 3-pointer is just too overpowered. The game has changed too much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom