OT- NBA playoffs Lillard | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA playoffs Lillard

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Early indications are calf strain.

These 1030 tip offs are so brutal. My body feels as if it's falling apart trying to stay up for every late night game and then last night I passed the hell out in the first quarter.

I dozed about 3 times prior to finally giving up early in the 4th.

Reaction Score

Early indications are calf strain.

These 1030 tip offs are so brutal. My body feels as if it's falling apart trying to stay up for every late night game and then last night I passed the hell out in the first quarter.

I can't manage those late starts. I just get up too damn early in the morning to stay up and fight through them. This Golden State Houston series is a battle to say the least. Even with Durant, you figure Houston would be a good bet to win at home, so I guess the question is if Durant will somehow be able to play in game seven. This feels a lot like last year when Houston seemed to have Golden State but lost Chris Paul and wasn't able to recover.

Reaction Score
I usually make it through the opening round with a few 10:30 starts. By now, I'm cooked. I forced myself to watch the first quarter last night, half asleep and barely paying attention to the game. What's the point of staying up if you can't enjoy the game?

Reaction Score
It'll be really interesting to see what Golden State does in game 6 and presumably 7.

Curry definitely stepped up last night, arguably benefited from Rockets not being prepared to stop a Curry led offense. Now the Rockets can prep for that and I'd put them as a 9.5pt favorite for game 6. One of the answers for GState in game 6 has to be play more guys, these games have been so intense and part of the Warriors strategy should be to keep that intensity wear and tear up to tire Harden, Gordon & CP3.

Durant - My guess is he has an injury I get a lot, strained soleus. IF he pulled/tore it, he's done for the playoffs, that soleus muscle (its behind the bigger calf muscle) rolls up like an old window shade. If he just strained it (minor tear) it still takes two weeks to get it back to right and you cannot play or run on it. However it is playable if just a strain, restricts sprinting and hard cuts off that foot. My guess is Durant strained it and we won't see him unless the Warriors are still alive in two weeks.

So if I'm Kerr I throw the roster at game 6 and try a variety of different strategies heavily using the bench. Just keep bringing waves and waves of players and hope to keep it close. Long game strategy of 'go the body' in the middle rounds in hopes of finishing the tired opponent at the end = game 7. Save your best for then.

Reaction Score
So far halfway through the first, 2 Rockets haven't even touched the ball a single time. God I hate watching them. And hate that I am rooting for them.

Reaction Score
The Dubs are running out lineups that would make Memphis blush. McKinnie, Bell, Cook, Looney lineup in Game 6? Houston is embarrassing themselves in a tie game at half.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous 2nd half from Curry, but Houston has to go home thinking what if. 0 points from Curry at halftime and they're tied

Reaction Score
Ridiculous 2nd half from Curry, but Houston has to go home thinking what if. 0 points from Curry at halftime and they're tied
All-time performance by Curry, one of the best ever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

So glad Houston lost.

They are such a trash version of what basketball should be with Harden the rot at the head. Same for Dantonio as a coach. The moment of a home Game 6 against Warriors with no Durant, Green and Curry in foul trouble, and a scoreless first half from Curry, and what do they do?
Let Looney look all-NBA, Harden shoots 7-12 on FTs and they let Klay get his looks in first half. Harden on one okay literally slows down for defender to get near him, fully extends his arm to push defender away 30' from hoop and then looks shocked when called for offensive foul.
Not even a GS fan, but give me their skill level over Houston's YMCA run in to everyone and look for calls everyday.

Reaction Score
Rockets are just not really that good & Harden continues to underperform in the playoffs compared to his regular seasons. Bucks have been the best team I’ve seen so far in the playoffs, between there defense & their three point shooting, truly impressive.

With Durant there (it’s suffocated the talent on that roster & the league as a whole), people forget how great the combo of Curry, Thompson, Green, & Iguodala are. Iguodala was terrific in that series & so was Green & obviously the splash brothers. The fact of the matter is if I am starting a team today I am taking Curry over Harden and Klay is not far behind Harden, we haven’t even seen Klay’s full potential considering all the talent on that roster.

To me, Klay still has the most important moment & game for that franchise’s history, game 6 in OKC even though it didn’t equate to a title that year. That game changed NBA history, if Klay doesn’t have that performance the Warriors win one title, I truly believe that. KD stays and we are talking about a very different landscape of the NBA.

Reaction Score
That’s poor form on Chris Paul’s part. The rest of the article was a bit over the top though. It was only a matter of time before Curry got hot this series and what’s with people saying he couldn’t win without Durant? He already did.

Reaction Score
Oh no, another 'bad shot' to win a tie game! Basketball is really in trouble with all these great endings tricking us into thinking long jump shots can win games.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oh no, another 'bad shot' to win a tie game! Basketball is really in trouble with all these great endings tricking us into thinking long jump shots can win games.
The outcome of the shot doesn't change whether or not it's a quality look.

Reaction Score
The outcome of the shot doesn't change whether or not it's a quality look.

To take it back to an earlier series, when a guy has made 9 of his last 13 of a certain shot, it's a quality look, no matter what the "get off my lawn" crowd says.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
To take it back to an earlier series, when a guy has made 9 of his last 13 of a certain shot, it's a quality look, no matter what the "get off my lawn" crowd says.

Empirical, peer reviewed evidence says that the hot hand is false.

Reaction Score
Empirical, peer reviewed evidence says that the hot hand is false.

At this point I can't tell what's sarcasm and what's not. And that includes your post. I wasn't talking about any "hot hand." And by the way, your post isn't even accurate.

Surprised by the Gambler's and Hot Hand Fallacies? A Truth in the Law of Small Numbers by Joshua B. Miller, Adam Sanjurjo :: SSRN

Does the 'Hot Hand' Exist in Basketball?

Let's do this, why don't we just run the playoffs on a computer simulator and crown a champ that way.

Reaction Score
This is so obvious. The average strategy over the course of a game varies from the optimal strategy in individual situations, especially in the playoffs. This is mostly related to the anti analytics uproar re: CJ and his mid range shot, especially LeBron's tweet. In a tie game last shot scenario, shoot whatever shot gives you the highest probability of scoring, not the shot with the highest average point per possession.

Once again, two game 7s came down to which team had better ISO players.

Reaction Score
So, what's everyone's prediction for the conference finals?

KD is out for Game 1, unlikely to play in Game 2.
No word on Rodney Hood yet.

Regardless of what happens with the injury situations, GSW should take care of business fairly easily.

MIL/TOR is a toss up for me. I imagine most will roll with MIL but I like that TOR got one helluva battle in the ECSF. I think they match up better with MIL than they did with Philly. That one should go six or seven.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So, what's everyone's prediction for the conference finals?

KD is out for Game 1, unlikely to play in Game 2.
No word on Rodney Hood yet.

Regardless of what happens with the injury situations, GSW should take care of business fairly easily.

MIL/TOR is a toss up for me. I imagine most will roll with MIL but I like that TOR got one helluva battle in the ECSF. I think they match up better with MIL than they did with Philly. That one should go six or seven.

Are we sure portland wont get swept? I don't see how they stop a warriors team that decides to try...

MIL/TOR - Depends on how MIL will shoot the ball. TOR..I mean Leonard is playoff tested he'll be fine and drag them to the finals if MIL doesn't show up every game. TOR also plays incredible defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom