OT: NBA Offseason | Page 22 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Offseason

Reaction Score
Yeah I think the Heat and Pistons are the best bet. Both have big expirings to use in trades and both teams would be psyched to land CP and challenge for home court advantage, even with no real path to a title.

I could see Kupchak and Jordan trying to shed Batum by offering him and a pick for Paul. It would go against their rebuilding strategy but they might just do whatever they can to get people to go to games and CP3's obviously from North Carolina.

Reaction Score
Haven't looked at any #'s but my first thought is Paul ends up on the Lakers. Don't know how they could swing it but could also see Beal in the mix for them.
Oh please god no

Although if any GM will do it, It's Rob Pelinka

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Contracts are prob similar for avg value. Except Westbrook has an extra year at 47m. They save money in year 4 and get 2 pick andn2 swaps. I’m surprised they got that much for him
Feels like Harden wanted him and/or wanted CP gone. There were rumblings they weren’t getting along.

Amazing that 2012 OKC with Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Ibaka all healthy wasn’t an even better team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Same thought here. I just don't know how it's possible. Lakers can't trade any new players until mid season and he costs too much to buy out
Why would OKC just buy him out? Paul to the Lakers sounds good, but there really is no path. That said, this offseason has proven anything can happen.

Reaction Score
Haven't looked at any #'s but my first thought is Paul ends up on the Lakers. Don't know how they could swing it but could also see Beal in the mix for them.
Beal to the Lakers? Do you understand how the NBA works? What the do the Lakers have to get Beal?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at, DET seems like the only good fit. We pretty much know how that team will do with CP3 and Blake and Drummond basically being Deandre Jordan. But what other choice does DET have at this point? Can't dump contracts and Blake/Drummond will never be bad enough to bottom out the next few years

I think CP3 on the current Pistons is a 50+ win team, especially if Detroit doesn't have to give up Kennard to get CP3.

The Celtics aren't going to be dominant and the 76ers are one wrong Embiid step from being a 47 win team and a second round exit. The Bucks are going to be really freaking good, but Bledsoe is a mega choker and Middleton did not exactly bathe himself in glory against the Raptors either. The Pistons would have a chance against the Bucks in a 7 game series.

If you are the Pistons, why not go for it? Paul is $50 million cheaper than Westbrook, and he would be a good fit on that team. Griffin's game has matured a lot in the last few years, and Drummond, Griffin, Rose, CP3 and Kennard is a solid starting lineup. Detroit is never going to attract marquee free agents, so why bother saving the cap space?

Edit: The Pistons also have leverage, because the minute Bradley Beal goes on the market, CP3's value drops.

Reaction Score
It's really really tough, borderline impossible. Outside of the newly signed guys who can't be traded until January 15th they have LeBron/AD who aren't moving and then Mo Wagner at $2M as their next highest salary
Think it’s December 15th. Also Mo Wagner is a Washington Wizard already haha. The Lakers legit have nothing to trade outside LeBron and Kuzma.

Reaction Score
Think it’s December 15th. Also Mo Wagner is a Washington Wizard already haha. The Lakers legit have nothing to trade outside LeBron and Kuzma.
Exactly . Guys on here have no idea what they are talking about.

Reaction Score
I think CP3 on the current Pistons is a 50+ win team, especially if Detroit doesn't have to give up Kennard to get CP3.

The Celtics aren't going to be dominant and the 76ers are one wrong Embiid step from being a 47 win team and a second round exit. The Bucks are going to be really freaking good, but Bledsoe is a mega choker and Middleton did not exactly bathe himself in glory against the Raptors either. The Pistons would have a chance against the Bucks in a 7 game series.

If you are the Pistons, why not go for it? Paul is $50 million cheaper than Westbrook, and he would be a good fit on that team. Griffin's game has matured a lot in the last few years, and Drummond, Griffin, Rose, CP3 and Kennard is a solid starting lineup. Detroit is never going to attract marquee free agents, so why bother saving the cap space?

Edit: The Pistons also have leverage, because the minute Bradley Beal goes on the market, CP3's value drops.

I think you're way overrating the Pistons. Last year they were two games away from missing the playoffs in the East. Adding a 34 year old Chris Paul isn't going to change that by too much.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Miami is the one team that OKC really doesn't want to help, because OKC has two future Miami #1 picks. I think Riley has done a great job already this offseason in getting Butler and getting rid of Whiteside's terrible contract, but I don't see him pulling off a deal with OKC for CP3.

Reaction Score
Beal to the Lakers? Do you understand how the NBA works? What the do the Lakers have to get Beal?
Like I said, I don't know how they can swing it and like you just said anything can happen.

Reaction Score
I think you're way overrating the Pistons. Last year they were two games away from missing the playoffs in the East. Adding a 34 year old Chris Paul isn't going to change that by too much.
They're pretty garbage and basically a Blake injury away from competing to be the worst team.

Reaction Score
I forgot about the Wagner trade. But it's January 15th. Regardless of who it is, the Lakers have no contracts to match

EDE42774-4035-426C-B141-9D27C5DFE097.png

Reaction Score

If you ignore the fact CP III and Griffin hate each other and tried to have a fight in halls of the Staples Center, you have a point.

Reaction Score
Why would OKC just buy him out? Paul to the Lakers sounds good, but there really is no path. That said, this offseason has proven anything can happen.

You tell me. I certainly didn't suggest they should.

Reaction Score
I think CP3 will end up on the Lakers somehow, someway or how about the Spurs.

Reaction Score
I forgot about the Wagner trade. But it's January 15th. Regardless of who it is, the Lakers have no contracts to match

View attachment 44710
On second thought - it possible we are both right? NBA trade and salary cap rules are so crazy. Was trying to figure out where I saw that December 15 date and found this article.

But this site says it depends on the player

Either way, point is the Lakers have no options.

Reaction Score
On second thought - it possible we are both right? NBA trade and salary cap rules are so crazy. Was trying to figure out where I saw that December 15 date and found this article.

But this site says it depends on the player

Either way, point is the Lakers have no options.
I'm honestly not sure. I always thought it was December 15 until I saw that article. Then convinced myself it was from playing too much 2K because that's the rule there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom