OT: NBA Offseason | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Offseason

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Celtics were not a winner. They just avoided being a loser by signing Kemba.
They did not make a huge upgrade at the point guard position. They made an upgrade on fit for the team. They did not make an upgrade on talent.

Kyrie was their plan A because he’s a top 5 PG in the league and the guy they traded a lottery pick for. Their plan A was a healthy Hayward, Kyrie not being an a**hat, and trading for Anthony Davis. That failed, tremendously.

Kemba was their plan B, at least.

Not true as a Celtic fan I know they would have kept Kyrie but the issues were to many to overcome and Kemba is a great teammate.

They still need a big man, and need Brown and Tatum to step up.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Nice moves for both Utah and Indy.

Very expensive for bog. But fills a nice need. Now they need a crowded replacement

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If I’m Jarrett Allen I’m a little confused by the DeAndre Jordan signing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
76ers having a tough evening. Lose Redick, have to essentially max Harris, and may lose Butler. Redick is a big loss, and he was relatively cheap.

Jazz may be favorites in West depending on Kawhi and a few other moves.

Brogdon is good, but not worth 4 years/$85 million. Bucks made the right decision. Pacers still looking good next year.

Derrick Rose at $7.5/year is one of the better moves of the night.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think the NBA is wide open next season. There is no clear favorite in either conference and there is much more balance between west and east now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Knicks saying stupid things about Durant because they are the Knicks. If they didn't want Durant, why take the meeting? All they did was bring attention to the fact they are idiots.

Reaction Score
Hornets sign Rozier to 3 years/$58 million deal. $19/year for a backup point guard. I thought Charlotte was trying to get rid of toxic contracts, not add new ones.

Rozier is a great tank commander.

Reaction Score
5 years, 180 mil for Tobias Harris? There is stupid(as in a lot) money(see Damian Lillard), then there is STUPID money. The AAV for Tobias is stupidity at its finest.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hornets sign Rozier to 3 years/$58 million deal. $19/year for a backup point guard. I thought Charlotte was trying to get rid of toxic contracts, not add new ones.
Jordan is the Jordan of bad Executives. Hornets are constructed so poorly it’s laughable.

Reaction Score
That is reasonable and thankfully it's not four years. If they're smart with the rest of their space (still a whopping $51m) they should have plenty of cap space in Summer '21 for the decent class.

Reaction Score
The two choices are:

A) the Knicks offered max and didn't get KD, or

B) the Knicks thought they could low-ball KD.

Either way, the Knicks look like idiots after this press release. Why not just shut up and move on?
They definitely offered KD the max, he turned them down because they don't have much of anything and he knew he wasn't bringing another superstar with him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom