NBA Mock Draft 2017 | The Boneyard

NBA Mock Draft 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's interating about it? Hamilton and Brimah are obviously coming back, only Rodney has a decision whether he wants to get paid in Europe or return.
I wouldn't be so sure about Hamilton. I really think he'll declare and see his draft status after the combine and some workouts. Then, I think he'll return.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If Rodney can pick up his degree by the end of next year, he would have to be an idiot not to get the degree before leaving.

Reaction Score
If Rodney can pick up his degree by the end of next year, he would have to be an idiot not to get the degree before leaving.
He should be on track to get his degree at the end of this year....remember this is his 3rd year at UConn and had a year at NC State, also UConn players supposedly take summer classes & winter session classes.

As far as Hamilton & Brimah, unless they are locks for 1st round (no way they are at this point) stupid to leave early.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be so sure about Hamilton. I really think he'll declare and see his draft status after the combine and some workouts. Then, I think he'll return.
Hamilton is not on the NBA's radar and he's not anywhere close to being NBA ready.

Reaction Score
Rodney graduates this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised to see any of the three going anywhere but Storrs next year
Unless RP gets frustrated I see him coming back to play another year but will probably need some assurance of PT.
I don't see him ducking out for Europe without sniffing the NBA (eventhough I don't see it now)

Reaction Score
If a kid like Kyle Anderson went 30th overall then it's hard for me to imagine D-Ham ever going in the first round unless he gets way better.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is not on the NBA's radar and he's not anywhere close to being NBA ready.
Didn't say he was on their radar. Doesn't mean the NBA isn't on his radar, though - even if he isn't ready.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised to see any of the three going anywhere but Storrs next year
Unless RP gets frustrated I see him coming back to play another year but will probably need some assurance of PT.
I don't see him ducking out for Europe without sniffing the NBA (eventhough I don't see it now)
Rodney is an NBA tweener.
His has the size to play the two, but is way behind in handle and his shooting although improved is not quite NBA, He will be 22 next month.
What do you do? If he has his degree, every year he plays for free is one less he gets paid for.
With the kids we have and the ones coming in ,can he get the the 30 minutes he needs at UConn to improve his weaknesses.?
RB is in a tough position but he seems to have a great work ethic.
I trust it will work out for him.
Actually I like him coming back. That could be a formidable defensive team with pretty good shooters.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
If a kid like Kyle Anderson went 30th overall then it's hard for me to imagine D-Ham ever going in the first round unless he gets way better.
2014 was a very strong draft, unlike this year.

Reaction Score
The NBA draft is based on potential not college production.

Hamilton with a little seasoning could project as baby Magic Johnson. I could easily see him as an NBA first rounder in 2016.

Reaction Score
Daniel will not be able to get away with that behind the back dribble in the paint in the NBA. Plus he needs to improve his shooting. Right now he has the development league written all over him. I think he returns.
Unless Rodney drastically improves his ball handling skills and ability to take people off the dribble I really do see much of a future except a lower tier league over seas. Too many holes in his game. He should come back and get his masters. In the long run that my be more important. I really don't see Rodney as a player who will ever have the skills to make an NBA roster. Rodney is such a likable guy he may someday make a great recruiter on somebody's stafff

Reaction Score
The NBA draft is based on potential not college production.

Hamilton with a little seasoning could project as baby Magic Johnson. I could easily see him as an NBA first rounder in 2016.
Daniel Hamilton projects as baby Magic Johnson. Good lord, you should discuss hoops with upstater.

Reaction Score
imno1 said:
Daniel will not be able to get away with that behind the back dribble in the paint in the NBA. Plus he needs to improve his shooting. Right now he has the development league written all over him. I think he returns. Unless Rodney drastically improves his ball handling skills and ability to take people off the dribble I really do see much of a future except a lower tier league over seas. Too many holes in his game. He should come back and get his masters. In the long run that my be more important. I really don't see Rodney as a player who will ever have the skills to make an NBA roster. Rodney is such a likable guy he may someday make a great recruiter on somebody's stafff

There's more space in the NBA - the behind the back stuff and spin moves are more apt to cause issues in college with the help defenders swiping down. His shooting is something that the NBA teams can bank on improving to some degree with the extra repetition you get being a pro and not a collegian limited in practice hours. His passing projects well to the next level, and he'll compete on the defensive glass as a wing and push the ball right off the rebound, which is an attractive quality.

But - his issues that may hold him back are the combine metrics, things like wingspan, foot speed, and standing vertical. The ability to guard at the next level and the ability to get to the rim and finish against NBA front lines will be scrutinized. Those are areas he's a bit deficient here.

Batum is perhaps a guy he can hope to emulate on offense as a scorer/passer as he becomes a better shooter, but I don't think he can reach Batum's level on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom