OT- NBA free agency | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA free agency

Reaction Score
Mitchell currently at the Mets game- Knicks need to make it happen….this is the guy you don’t worry about the picks….

Reaction Score
Absolute highway robbery by the Celtics, well done.

Wonder if they are done, or if they package Smart and picks to get John Collins from ATL

As a Pacers fan I can assure you this wasn’t highway robbery. Pacers wanted to get rid of Brogdon for 2 years. He’s always hurt. When he’s healthy he can’t even play back to backs. Good luck

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As a Pacers fan I can assure you this wasn’t highway robbery. Pacers wanted to get rid of Brogdon for 2 years. He’s always hurt. When he’s healthy he can’t even play back to backs. Good luck
I still think Nesmith will be a very good NBA player. Lights out shooter in college and practice. Turned into a ++ defender. Star potential still.

Reaction Score
Need to get rid of Myles Turner next and start fresh. Guy has hardly improved since being drafted and is allergic to rebounding, dribbling, passing, and posting up. He gets bodied too

Plenty of bigs can average 12/6 and block shots, hopefully he isn’t a Pacer next season

Reaction Score
Need to get rid of Myles Turner next and start fresh. Guy has hardly improved since being drafted and is allergic to rebounding, dribbling, passing, and posting up. He gets bodied too

Plenty of bigs can average 12/6 and block shots, hopefully he isn’t a Pacer next season

Agreed on Turner. He’s pretty average offensively but defensively he’s right up there with Rudy Gobert. His blocks per game are incredible.

Reaction Score
Kyrie to the Lakers for Westbrook? This would be totally absurd which means it's probably going to happen. How do the Lakers constantly get bailed out by other teams and how does Lebron get bailed out like this?

I thought this trade proposal was a joke when I first read it and it's being reported all over the place they're far along in talks.

Reaction Score
Kyrie to the Lakers for Westbrook? This would be totally absurd which means it's probably going to happen. How do the Lakers constantly get bailed out by other teams and how does Lebron get bailed out like this?

I thought this trade proposal was a joke when I first read it and it's being reported all over the place they're far along in talks.
What dont you get? Nets in full rebuild. Some are hinting they will send Kyrie attached with Joe Harris. Its a salary dump since Westbrook and Kyrie are both on expiring deals and Harris has multiple years left at almost 20 per.

Reaction Score
What dont you get? Nets in full rebuild. Some are hinting they will send Kyrie attached with Joe Harris. Its a salary dump since Westbrook and Kyrie are both on expiring deals and Harris has multiple years left at almost 20 per.
It's not a salary dump for those two players, they would be getting rid of Kyrie's huge salary for 1 year and they would be taking on Westbrook's second highest salary in the league for 1 year. Kyrie is a million times better than Westbrook. Kyrie is a pain in the arse but you're actually supposed to get serious value back when you trade one of the best players in the league. Somehow the Lakers always get rewarded in one sided trades.

Lakers reportedly want Seth Curry instead of Joe Harris. Hell, the Lakers should demand the Nets throw in Durant while they're at it.

Reaction Score
It's not a salary dump for those two players, they would be getting rid of Kyrie's huge salary for 1 year and they would be taking on Westbrook's second highest salary in the league for 1 year. Kyrie is a million times better than Westbrook. Kyrie is a pain in the arse but you're actually supposed to get serious value back when you trade one of the best players in the league. Somehow the Lakers always get rewarded in one sided trades.

Lakers reportedly want Seth Curry instead of Joe Harris. Hell, the Lakers should demand the Nets throw in Durant while they're at it.
The salary dump is Harris. I agree, if they throw in curry it doesn’t make as much sense.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Just because he didn't fit with your team doesn't mean it wasn't a great deal for the Celtics. Boston's trying to win a title and they just got a fantastic player for a bunch of scrubs and a late 1st.

Reaction Score
Just because he didn't fit with your team doesn't mean it wasn't a great deal for the Celtics. Boston's trying to win a title and they just got a fantastic player for a bunch of scrubs and a late 1st.

I didn’t realize paying an injury prone PG $22 million a year for the next three years to be a backup is a great deal. Pacers fans like myself are very happy with the trade.

Reaction Score

If you get a guy who wants to play basketball & are trading a guy who doesn’t it starts to make more sense- as long as they get draft picks which they will it all adds up. I understand it’s frustrating- I agree with you.

Reaction Score
Agreed on Turner. He’s pretty average offensively but defensively he’s right up there with Rudy Gobert. His blocks per game are incredible.
Yep, that’s really all he brings to the table which isn’t the worst thing. I’m just tired of him. Glad they didn’t screw up the pick, I think Mathurin is gonna be very good

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I didn’t realize paying an injury prone PG $22 million a year for the next three years to be a backup is a great deal. Pacers fans like myself are very happy with the trade.
Whoever gets the best player wins the trade.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s entirely possible both teams improved their situations. They had very different needs.

Reaction Score
Whoever gets the best player wins the trade.

I’ll take Nesmith + whatever rookie the Pacers get next season over Brogdon who again is always injured. Malcom has played over 65 games ONCE in his six year career. He’s a ZERO time all star and has made it out of the first round one time.

When you’re getting paid $22,000,000 a season you expect oh I dunno production?

Reaction Score
I’ll take Nesmith + whatever rookie the Pacers get next season over Brogdon who again is always injured. Malcom has played over 65 games ONCE in his six year career. He’s a ZERO time all star and has made it out of the first round one time.

I have a feeling he’ll be more productive with his new team than he was with the moribund franchise he just left. Just a hunch. We can revisit it in a year or so I guess.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember when the Whale used to trade away their best players. Tomorrow, I love ya, you're always a day away.

Reaction Score

Both sides got exactly what they were hoping for out of this trade. It may work out for both teams, or it may work out for neither of them, but it was a fair deal.

Reaction Score

At this point, I’m not sure getting Kyrie constitutes getting bailed out.

Reaction Score
Both sides got exactly what they were hoping for out of this trade. It may work out for both teams, or it may work out for neither of them, but it was a fair deal.

The trade already worked out for the Pacers because they got an overrated injury prone $22,000,000/year guard off their team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom