OT- NBA free agency | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA free agency

Reaction Score
I hate this trade so much for them. Gobert gets exposed defensively every playoffs, it was downright embarrassing this last playoffs. It's not the 90's anymore.

Gobert has also lifted his crap defensive teammates to an average of 5th best over his 5 year contract. I expect Minn to be a great regular season team and crap the bed unless Ant develops into a top 5 player, which is possible.

I do hate the trade but if Ant is so good it may work out.

Reaction Score
I mean KAT basically refuses to go in the post on a regular basis, so I do think it works in a weird way. Ant is a STUD, Kyle Anderson gives them an additional garbage man.. Fun team
Should KAT just become a three-point shooter in this offense? How do those two player together?

It’s a really bad fit offensively.

Reaction Score
Should KAT just become a three-point shooter in this offense? How do those two player together?

It’s a really bad fit offensively.
Oddly enough though he fits 10x better with DLo than Kat/DLo fit

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Celtics just signed Danilo Gallinari who hits 3PT at 40%. With his size and Tatum, Brown and Smart kicking it out all the time, he should be good for 10 pts a game. Al Horford can rest now during the year.

Brogdon and Gallinari are 2 pretty good signings who would've seen game time if they'd be on the team in the Finals.
It’s a matchup thing. Grant Williams was huge against the Bucks, useless against GS. What the Celtics have now is flexibility. They can load up on D, or with offense. I would expect different lineups based on the opponent. They also now have enough depth that Tatum won’t be spent.

Reaction Score
Absolute highway robbery by the Celtics, well done.

Wonder if they are done, or if they package Smart and picks to get John Collins from ATL
I would not trade Smart…

Reaction Score
it’s all about the nets. the last man standing lol

56878DC6-7771-4E8F-9C80-EF39027E8C60.gif

Reaction Score
Absolute highway robbery by the Celtics, well done.

Wonder if they are done, or if they package Smart and picks to get John Collins from ATL
I wouldn’t call it highway robbery by the Celtics, they’ve been trying to trade brogdon for a month and nobody would take him because of Medicals, presumably you are the first team to offer a first round pick for him. Good deal for both sides

Reaction Score
Maybe the best example of how dysfunctional the Knicks have been in the last 25 years:

Mitch gets the bag of course lol. Don’t know how to feel about this gotta see the whole details of the deal. A solid player when healthy. Got all our picks at least.

Honestly think Leon Rose has done a good job given the circumstances who he has to work under. At least there seems to be a plan.

Any move the Knicks make is gonna be the wrong move if Brunson wasn’t signed and Mitch was let go that would be the wrong move too, that’s the reputation this franchise has earned until they prove it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Knicks trade offer to Jazz for Donovan Mitchell;

Knicks receive:
- Donovan Mitchell

Jazz receive:
  • Evan Fournier
  • Obi Toppin
  • Cam Reddish
  • DET 23’ 1st Round pick
  • WAS 23’ 1st Round pick
  • NY 23’ 1st Round pick
  • NY 25’ 1st Round pick
  • NY 27’ 1st Round pick

Would you do as a Knicks fan & would be enough as a Jazz fan?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Knicks receive:
- Donovan Mitchell

Jazz receive:
  • Evan Fournier
  • Obi Toppin
  • Cam Reddish
  • DET 23’ 1st Round pick
  • WAS 23’ 1st Round pick
  • NY 23’ 1st Round pick
  • NY 25’ 1st Round pick
  • NY 27’ 1st Round pick

1 - is this an actual proposal from the Knicks or did you just throw it out there?

2 - Would this work salary wise? I know Fournier has a pretty hefty contract but Mitchell likely is far beyond that. Will two guys on first contracts be enough to bridge the gap?

Reaction Score
1 - is this an actual proposal from the Knicks or did you just throw it out there?

2 - Would this work salary wise? I know Fournier has a pretty hefty contract but Mitchell likely is far beyond that. Will two guys on first contracts be enough to bridge the gap?
I threw it out there- hard to say believe it or not Mitchell is only making 30M a year- Fournier/Reddish/Toppin are at 29M- the other guy I was thinking you might have to put in there is Rose at 14M or Quickley at 2M.

Reaction Score
I threw it out there- hard to say believe it or not Mitchell is only making 30M a year- Fournier/Reddish/Toppin are at 29M- the other guy I was thinking you might have to put in there is Rose at 14M or Quickley at 2M.
Also- the Jazz really have no one else to put in a trade besides maybe the guys they got from yesterday from Minnesota to make the money work.

Reaction Score

The other thing that was just released was Utah really wanted Jaden McDaniels from Minnesota but the Twolves did not want to trade him so that was the main reason they received so much draft capital.

With that said- if the Knicks were to trade Toppin, Quickley, & or Reddish maybe the draft capital is not as much.

Reaction Score
Starting 5 for the Knicks would be pretty tough if they were able to land Mitchell;

• J. Brunson
  • D. Mitchell
  • R.J. Barrett
  • J. Randle
  • M. Robinson

Probably the best since the 99’ for the Knicks.

Reaction Score

Knicks receive:
- Donovan Mitchell

Jazz receive:
  • Evan Fournier
  • Obi Toppin
  • Cam Reddish
  • DET 23’ 1st Round pick
  • WAS 23’ 1st Round pick
  • NY 23’ 1st Round pick
  • NY 25’ 1st Round pick
  • NY 27’ 1st Round pick

Completely depletes the bench, but who really cares?

What is the source on this offer?

Reaction Score
Jazz got 4 1st rd picks for Gobert, Ainge doesn’t do deals until he feels he’s won the trade. Don’t turn this into a Melo deal giving up all your assets, I say you hold off at least till the Jazz asking price goes down, would help if Donovan Mitchell is all in on NYK tying Ainges hands basically saying deal me or I walk. Leon Rose cannot give in and listen to impatient idiot fans like Stephen A Smith. This is why I’m glad he doesn’t speak to the media.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Plus, I thought the Jazz wants to build around Mitchell.

Reaction Score
Jazz got 4 1st rd picks for Gobert, Ainge doesn’t do deals until he feels he’s won the trade. Don’t turn this into a Melo deal giving up all your assets, I say you hold off at least till the Jazz asking price goes down, would help if Donovan Mitchell is all in on NYK tying Ainges hands basically saying deal me or I walk. Leon Rose cannot give in and listen to impatient idiot fans like Stephen A Smith. This is why I’m glad he doesn’t speak to the media.
And then Danny Ainge will laugh in his face because Mitchell has 3 years before he can walk

Reaction Score
And then Danny Ainge will laugh in his face because Mitchell has 3 years before he can walk
That's not how is works, Mitchell could make things very unpleasant for Ainge.

Reaction Score
Of course, and he'll trade him eventually. But the idea that you're going to wait out Ainge and steal Donovan Mitchell without giving up a huge package is crazy
All I’m saying is why jump on the first offer. Knicks are very much in a rock and a hard place if Knicks pull the trigger media will say they overpaid, if they don’t trade for him it’s well this why the Knicks suck, whereas a team like the Heat are geniuses either way. Of course that’s the reputation the Heat have earned and the Knicks havent.

You would think Leon will survey the scene until he would sign off on a deal, it will very much be a game of chicken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom