Ot - NBA final night, playoffs | The Boneyard

Ot - NBA final night, playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Somewhat bummed at the outcomes last night, ended up with some bad first round series.

1. Nets make playoffs over Pacers, despite PP's ego he is 100% right that Deron Williams goes thru the motions, series with Atlanta will likely be a joke. Pacers would have been better & good guy Paul George gets hurt to boot.

2. Ditto with Pelicans making playoffs over the Thunder. Both are probably cannon fodder for GState, but watching Westbrook is a treat. The Brow is becoming great, but Tyreke Evans guarantees a 4-5 game rout.

3. Sixers v Heat game was an embarrassment for the league with both teams trying to lose up until the final 5 minutes when the Heat realized they didn't need to lose. I cannot imagine how the Sixers drew 13,000 people per game this year. That's over half a million suckers.

4. Wasn't decided last night, but bummer that the Celtics are playing the Cavs. Atlanta is much move vulnerable but now both those series are likely rollovers as the C's don't have anyone to protect the rim.

5. On bright side we did get Clippers vs Spurs as first round series out West that could be a conference final. Memphis - Clips would have been more ornery, but Spurs - Clips should be a 6-7 game barn burner.

Predictions?

Reaction Score
I agree with you on none of the series are too particularly interesting. In the east, I think I might have to go chalk throughout the first round (as much as I hate to). In the west, I got the warriors, rockets, spurs, and griz

Reaction Score
1.) The Hawks series against Nets or Pacers would be a joke. 2.) Golden State would destroy OKC, Warriors shouldn't have too much trouble with Pelicans but I would much rather watch Anthony Davis than OKC. The Brow is already great, one of the best players in the league. 3.) The East sucks. 4.) Cavs or the Hawks would kill the Celtics. 5.) Every 1st round matchup out West is ridiculously good. 6.) The East sucks.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
It didn't matter who the Celtics matched up against, they're going to lose in 4 or 5. That said - it's an incredibly likable and enjoyable team to watch. If they had a rim protector they'd be much scarier as every one of those guys can knock down a shot.

Reaction Score
This is the only time I really pay attention.

If Anthony Davis didn't go to uk he would be one of my top 5 favorite players. Amazing how stupid prejudices work. That kid can ball, and he is so young. Drummond and him will battle for years, but Drummond has to 'catch up'. They are the future bigs in the league.

Anyway the West looks like every game is a Championship game. That side of the board is absolutely loaded. The East looks boring.

But I am interested to see how Atlanta performs.

For those in the know what teams should we keep an eye on?

Reaction Score
This is the only time I really pay attention.

If Anthony Davis didn't go to uk he would be one of my top 5 favorite players. Amazing how stupid prejudices work. That kid can ball, and he is so young. Drummond and him will battle for years, but Drummond has to 'catch up'. They are the future bigs in the league.

Anyway the West looks like every game is a Championship game. That side of the board is absolutely loaded. The East looks boring.

But I am interested to see how Atlanta performs.

For those in the know what teams should we keep an eye on?
I saw Anthony Davis last week against Memphis. I was really looking forward to it and instead the entire Pelicans team basically quit. In their defense it was the 2nd night of back-to-back after they'd just beaten the Warriors in an emotional game, but it was inexcusable given their playoffs were still on the line. Blame Monty W more than AD. Either way they will lose 4-0 or 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom